The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you always have tea/coffee when glued to the computer? With biscuit crumbs all over the desk? And a tissue box within arms reach?
Original post by ColossalAtom
Do you always have tea/coffee when glued to the computer? With biscuit crumbs all over the desk? And a tissue box within arms reach?

Now, now…
Original post by iEthan
Now, now…

:please:
Fix pls <3

fixpls.PNG
Original post by ColossalAtom

Coffee or Mint tea. Toast crumbs, not biscuit crumbs. Nopes.
Original post by RDKGames
Fix pls <3

fixpls.PNG

Original post by iethan

omg drake and josh!
iEthan
x

How do you become part of the support team?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question... :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RickmanAlways

Hey :smile:

Not a stupid question! You'd need to be over 16, be in the UK (I believe, as you have to pass a special police check called a DBS check), and be willing to help out by volunteering. There's a thread link here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4032645
Original post by titfortat
omg drake and josh!

Ikr!!! :love: Love them so much :lol:
Original post by iEthan
Ikr!!! :love: Love them so much :lol:

Spoiler

:rofl:
Original post by RickmanAlways

Not a stupid question at all! ^^

Sometimes people are identified/asked if they'd like to join the team if the ST in that area they've been posting in because it's felt they'd make a really good addition to the team, others read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21725-How-to-become-a-member-of-the-support-team and apply themselves :smile:

I said this to z33 yesterday but generally a good starting point (this is by no means a guarantee) is building up your posts in the area you'd like to support - for example if ' Mental Health' was the area you'd like to support, you'd be consistently post empathetic and sensitive advice, you'd look at making threads which people engage with in the area you'd like to support - both for a period of at least 6 months and generally a good community record :h:
Original post by shadowdweller
We will exterminate you all!

1. I love IKEA, but I have a tendency to get lost there :lol:
2. I can speak Mandarin, French, and a bit of German. Also learning BSL currently :gah:
3. When I had my results day, I dreamt that there was a flood, and the school was somehow full of icebergs... we all had to swim to get our results :lol:

As above, probably @Gingerbread101 or @*Interrobang*... I'm good at cooking, but you would not want to try a cake by me, I can't bake at all :tongue:

Aw yay :biggrin:
Will the site crash tomorrow? Please do something to ensure it won't :tongue:
Original post by RDKGames
Will the site crash tomorrow? Please do something to ensure it won't :tongue:

A double!

But seriously... they've been doing loads of massive stress tests for ages. So the official answer is we hope not. But the probable answer is yes :giggle:
*last questions please everyone!*

This project has gone very well and I'm so pleased we have been able to answer lots of your questions! Sadly, all things have to come to a close (:teehee:) and I'll be closing this thread at five! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away. :h:

Latest