The Student Room Group

Declining offers?

I rushed into making my decisions and have decided since accepting my offers that if I don't get into my firm, I don't want to go to my insurance. The grades for my firm are A*AA and ABB for my insurance, so if I get grades in between, could I decline my insurance offer and use clearing or adjustment?
If you get into your insurance you would have to be asked to be put into clearing by them, which be wary can take time on results day. You won't be eligible for adjustment in that situation.

Original post by helllocharlotte
I rushed into making my decisions and have decided since accepting my offers that if I don't get into my firm, I don't want to go to my insurance. The grades for my firm are A*AA and ABB for my insurance, so if I get grades in between, could I decline my insurance offer and use clearing or adjustment?
Original post by claireestelle
If you get into your insurance you would have to be asked to be put into clearing by them, which be wary can take time on results day. You won't be eligible for adjustment in that situation.

So I would have to contact them and tell them I didn't want the place anymore? Would I ring their clearing number to do this?
So I would have to contact them and tell them I didn't want the place anymore? Would I ring their clearing number to do this?

Yes you would have to do exactly that, just ring admissions up. It's something that might take the time to be prepared to act quickly when you do get put into clearing and get your clearing number.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15483-changing-your-mind-about-your-firm-or-insurance-choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending