The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Mathsmad123
Only 3 long painful hours to wait....

Just to be clear, I'm not hoping that. I'm just looking at the worst case scenario.

It will probably be 71 for an A* for C4 but who knows.
Original post by Hey111
Just to be clear, I'm not hoping that. I'm just looking at the worst case scenario.

It will probably be 71 for an A* for C4 but who knows.

Probably but i really don't get how last year it was only 59 for an A in C2 when is was so easy! you just never know!
Original post by Pato1
You should note that remarks are pretty much useless now unless the examiner has made a fat blatant error.

Well last year at jan i got an 88/120 B on my unit 4 bio and then i remarked and it dropped down to 84/120 B :frown: and then next session 78/100 B in my arabic As paper and i remaked that and it changed to 84/100 A al hamdulelah.. you just need to be sure that you did well on the paper.. otherwise no need..
Yeah I realised a minute ago haha :biggrin: Any idea when the actual GBs will come out for CCEA?
Original post by marioman
Only a small number of schools do the ISA without any cheating at all.

It's a moot point now because ISAs are being phased out, but for AQA Science A-levels then the EMPA is provided as an alternative. It's much harder to cheat on the EMPA compared to the ISAs and (in Physics at least) it has very low boundaries.

I did the EMPA in physics this year as well, due to unfair mark controlling in the ISA last year :unimpressed:. I found them a lot easier and more straight forward, I don't know why our school didn't do them from the start!
Guys what do you think the grade boundaries for the new specification AS chemistry would be like?
Reply 148
Original post by Mathsmad123
Probably but i really don't get how last year it was only 59 for an A in C2 when is was so easy! you just never know!

Apart from the one marker from the first question and the last question, I thought C3 2016 was quite straightforward. Although, the last question was almost a complete repeat of a question from 2006. Nothing that hard to spot at all if you compare it to June 2013 and June 2015 in my view.

C3 June 2016 was doable if you did enough past papers. 2013 and 2015 singled out a big number of people fairly quickly when it came to their unusual range and domain questions and sneaky trigonometric identities in both papers.

C4 June 2015 was an absolute bloodbath and still shocked people with the grade boundaries. Therefore, I can only assume that with a standard C4 paper set in 2016, they will be merciless.

C2 2016 was unprecedentedly easier than 2015 and I think that will likely have very high grade boundaries.
(edited 7 years ago)
What time do OCR come out ?
Original post by Hey111
Apart from the one marker from the first question and the last question, I thought C3 2016 was quite straightforward. Although, the last question was almost a complete repeat of a question from 2006. Nothing that hard to spot at all if you compare it to June 2013 and June 2015 in my view.

C3 June 2016 was doable if you did enough past papers. 2013 and 2015 singled out a big number of people fairly quickly when it came to their unusual range and domain questions and sneaky trigonometric identities in both papers.

C4 June 2015 was an absolute bloodbath and still shocked people with the grade boundaries. Therefore, I can only assume that with a standard C4 paper set in 2016, they will be merciless.

C2 2016 was unprecedentedly easier than 2015 and I think that will likely have very high grade boundaries.

I agree. I just hate easy papers which punish silly mistakes, i made quite a few stupid silly mistakes in C4 which is gonna cost me. I much prefer june 2013 C3 with low grade boundaries
Reply 151
tonight or tomorrow
I've worked out that the link for the edexcel grade boundaries tonight are going to follow this link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

Obviously it won't work at the moment but at midnight it will all change... :P
Original post by river222
I've worked out that the link for the edexcel grade boundaries tonight are going to follow this link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

Obviously it won't work at the moment but at midnight it will all change... :P

2013 boundaries didn't follow the same pattern
so not exactly
Aww dammit! Never mind :P Either way lets hope the site just doesn't blow up when that single documentation gets published :biggrin:
Hi just looking for some advice. I have applied to Plymouth (my firm) to do Early Childhood studies. I need 280 points with a minimum of 160 from two A levels which would be two C's. I already have a Distinction* in my btec which is 140 points. I have seen it in clearing and don't think it is a very competitive course but am worried about the two a levels being C's, how likely is it to be to accepted with two D's, 40 points off what I need from the a levels but only 20 points off the overall amount I need????? Thank uuuu and gd luck eveyone!!!!! :smile:
Does this definitely happen? The guy who posts all the AQA papers/markschemes/examiners' reports tried to get them last year but it didn't work.

It says on AQA website those with access to e-AQA (eg teachers) can see the grade boundaries at one minute past midnight
Hopefully the grade boundaries for AQA sociology are really low, preferably low enough that it will be possible for me to get an A with 5 marks from my unit 4 exam :adore::adore:
Original post by Qcomber
It says on AQA website those with access to e-AQA (eg teachers) can see the grade boundaries at one minute past midnight

In that case, hopefully they get posted.
Reply 159
In that case, hopefully they get posted.

They'll come out at one minute past midnight, they'll probably be leaked at two minutes past midnight :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest