The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
Which board are you for chemistry? You can't be talking about AQA surely? :biggrin:

defo not AQA LOL
bricking it now
Bricking it for aqa c3 and m1 grade boundaries!
Original post by patricio_miguel
Yes. You can only get a remark by requesting a copy of your transcript and spotting a mistake, which is annoying as you won't be able to gain 1-5 points due to subjective marking :/

what the hell.....

how is that fair...i know so many people who got remarks and their paper went up like 10 marks.

How are examiners accurate? Some examiners even mark on the train!
Original post by IRoranth
you *think*. you do not *know*, so stop worrying :biggrin:

BUT, if i tell myself that i've not done it then when I open my results then if i dont get what i needed then i wont be so disheartenend, If i do get what i need then it'll be amazing.
Original post by Pato1
I've said this before but what about subjects like Eng. Lit and Politics where the markschemes are very poor and pretty much subjective in itself.

This is what I'm saying? Because of the mark schemes and the reforms in mark schemes you won't be able to get it remarked by another examiner. One person might give you a B, the other might give you an A...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cadherin
Which board are you for chemistry? You can't be talking about AQA surely? :biggrin:

OCR but I thought AQA grade boundaries are reasonable?
Reply 5887
Oddly happy about the fact AQA boundaries won't be released until tomorrow morning. Means I'll be able to get a bit of sleep instead of frantically analysing the grade boundaries -_-
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
There was one in each exam which I think I aced + the 45 mark questions were quite generous, but the other two 15 markers I chose... :nope: Did you do the feminism and/or sustainability 15 marker? :smile:

I can't even remember

I did feminism i think ..i know i did the feminism 45 marker.

Are edexcel boundaries normally high?
Original post by lawlieto
OCR but I thought AQA grade boundaries are reasonable?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well, we shall find out tomorrow morning!
Original post by xxvine
what the hell.....

how is that fair...i know so many people who got remarks and their paper went up like 10 marks.

My psychology teacher told me about a student whose paper went up by 17 marks ...need I say more? Please F'ing tell me how is "coherent and clear response" objective?!!!!! Urghhh.
Hi just looking for some advice. I have applied to Plymouth (my firm) to do Early Childhood studies. I need 280 points with a minimum of 160 from two A levels which would be two C's. I already have a Distinction* in my btec which is 140 points. I have seen it in clearing and don't think it is a very competitive course but am worried about the two a levels being C's, how likely is it to be to accepted with two D's, 40 points off what I need from the a levels but only 20 points off the overall amount I need????? Thank uuuu and gd luck eveyone!!!!! :smile:
Original post by zoebeddardx
BUT, if i tell myself that i've not done it then when I open my results then if i dont get what i needed then i wont be so disheartenend, If i do get what i need then it'll be amazing.

ahhh true, tbh. I'm trying to not worry and just tell myself I've got like, 4 U's, just so when I see my results my hopes don't get crushed lol. Basically I'm forcing myself to have REALLY REALLY LOW expectations. Heh.
Original post by Jaz203
Bricking it for aqa c3 and m1 grade boundaries!

I feel you, my worst two exams :frown:
Original post by IRoranth
ahhh true, tbh. I'm trying to not worry and just tell myself I've got like, 4 U's, just so when I see my results my hopes don't get crushed lol. Basically I'm forcing myself to have REALLY REALLY LOW expectations. Heh.

EXACTLY WHAT IM DOING!!
Good Luck, i reckon we've smashed it! hahaha!
Original post by xxvine
what the hell.....

xD Last year I was 1 mark away from a grade boundary that would have meant I got into my firm in 2 different subjects, so of course one of them went up by 10 marks in a remark and I got to spend another year doing 2 more a levels.
Can't wait to see y'all reactions to the grade boundaries 😂😂😂
OMG I had a weirdest dream yesterday, it was like I opened the result envelope and saw all Ds, I freaked out and when I looked up, it was for Baking (WTF) and Spanish exam from a girl at my school, and then when i went back to the school to get the correct one, I saw a child shot another child with a real gun and that kid died, I woke up feelin like what just happened
Are we all waiting up until midnight for the Edexcel grade boundaries then? I am!!
Original post by iMacJack
Are we all waiting up until midnight for the Edexcel grade boundaries then? I am!!

Well I wasn't planning on but I can't get to sleep so it looks like I will be

Quick Reply

Latest