The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandbeer2
Welcome. What is India like to live in? Is it going to be a superpower and what might this mean for the country? Have you travelled abroad much? What are your plans? No word limit on these questions :biggrin:

Except the whether and the population, I don't really mind living in India. Luckily the city I live in is not as densely populated as other major cities. Siliguri is situated in the foothills of Himalaya so we have great views from here :biggrin:. The youth is kind of messed up. I find it funny how they upload pictures everyday in their facebook account and beg for likes. Then there is another group of teenagers who study hard day and night. You barely see their faces. Neighbours bother too much into the personal lives of others. Otherwise, it's quite good.

Superpower or not, I am sure it's developing faster. The poor girls and boys in my state got free cycles to commute to school daily. Most government schools are serving lunch to these kids. We have every shop outlet in the malls. My city is quite new and also a business city. Since my city connects north east India with the other parts of India lots of people settle down here and open their business. 5 years back most of the lands were empty. Now they are filled with car showrooms and shops.

I have travelled to few other asian countries, however, not outside asia.

I plan to study Comp Sci in fall 2017 :tongue:
Original post by SayoniRoy
Except the whether and the population, I don't really mind living in India. Luckily the city I live in is not as densely populated as other major cities. Siliguri is situated in the foothills of Himalaya so we have great views from here :biggrin:. The youth is kind of messed up. I find it funny how they upload pictures everyday in their facebook account and beg for likes. Then there is another group of teenagers who study hard day and night. You barely see their faces. Neighbours bother too much into the personal lives of others. Otherwise, it's quite good.

Superpower or not, I am sure it's developing faster. The poor girls and boys in my state got free cycles to commute to school daily. Most government schools are serving lunch to these kids. We have every shop outlet in the malls. My city is quite new and also a business city. Since my city connects north east India with the other parts of India lots of people settle down here and open their business. 5 years back most of the lands were empty. Now they are filled with car showrooms and shops.

I have travelled to few other asian countries, however, not outside asia.

I plan to study Comp Sci in fall 2017 :tongue:

Thanks for the interesting reply :smile: I think the picture you paint of people in India would apply easily here in the UK as well!
Thanks for the interesting reply :smile: I think the picture you paint of people in India would apply easily here in the UK as well!

Well that depends alot I think. I am really hoping the neighbour's part doesn't apply to UK :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy
Nearly 24 and a half :smile:

as you can tell from my username i'm the oldest it would seem.
Original post by Quiet _One86

Damn you, stealiong my crown :angry:

Spoiler

Damn you, stealing my crown :angry:

Spoiler

You're not that much older than some of us :h:
Damn you, stealing my crown :angry:

Spoiler

Really?? How much older am I then..

Original post by Deyesy
You're not that much older than some of us :h:

How old are you then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A mere 2 years, sir :smile:
Original post by SayoniRoy
Well that depends alot I think. I am really hoping the neighbour's part doesn't apply to UK :tongue:

I can't discount this I'm afraid! :biggrin:
A mere 2 years, sir :smile:

Don't like the Sir as I'm a Miss!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't like the Sir as I'm a Miss!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry Miss! Maybe we can make you a Mrs? :cool:

Spoiler

How old are you then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Iron is like 26/27 iirc and as I said, I'm 24 :tongue: When we get to our ages, that age gap isn't massive :lol:

Spoiler

smooth
Original post by sleepinglions
smooth

I thought the same as I was posting it :rofl: Clearly not one down well :frown: Oh well great minds eh :wink:
Original post by Deyesy
Iron is like 26/27 iirc and as I said, I'm 24 :tongue: When we get to our ages, that age gap isn't massive :lol:

Ha, it does to me, if its that way round. I personally prefer my partners to be older than me. Sorry

Spoiler

Mrs!! hahaha, erm no. Thanks for the apology all the same.

I thought the same as I was posting it :rofl: Clearly not one down well :frown: Oh well great minds eh :wink:

Something like that..jokes! Be careful what you write all the same.
I got my new camera and I love it! It's my actual baby <3 I can't wait to become an Instagram whore :lol:
Original post by SassQueen13
I got my new camera and I love it! It's my actual baby <3 I can't wait to become an Instagram whore :lol:

woah dem fotografie skillz
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
woah dem fotografie skillz

Oh you know it. Didn't even have to add a filter :wink:
Original post by SassQueen13
Oh you know it. Didn't even have to add a filter :wink:

teach me your ways
I always end up with at least 18 fingers in mine

Spoiler

Latest