The Student Room Group

C4 June 2016 Edexcel Model Answers kprime2

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it was crazy I thought personally. So much algebra and I'm certain I got 0/10 on the show that question lol.

I reckon
63 A
55 B
47 C

What do you reckon?
Can anyone help me? So stressed. I need 30 UMS for a B overall, 30UMS = U

Imagine I got 35 UMS, which is still a U, do I still get 0? cos U has no UMS
Reply 62
Original post by KINGYusuf
Can anyone help me? So stressed. I need 30 UMS for a B overall, 30UMS = U

Imagine I got 35 UMS, which is still a U, do I still get 0? cos U has no UMS

no you get what you get
Reply 63
Original post by Danllo
Just checked the model solutions by Kprime for C3 and C4 and I think I got;
- 74/75 marks in C4
- 62/63 marks in C3
If these raw marks were to be converted into UMS, would I get the A* ? Please could someone tell me what the UMS conversion for the C3 and C4 papers this year ? I'm getting really paranoid about the A* as I really need it for my uni course :frown: Might have to contact my uni just to see what they say if I don't achieve it.

c4 will probably be 98. c3 could be anywhere from 80-82. Just hope c3 boundaries are low enough
Reply 64
I've checked other mark schemes and you still get the final mark with or without the "+C" for the integration answers. Also, for the vector question calculating the value of Cos(theta) I put the actual angle in degrees as part of my answer as well as the cos(theta)=4/5. Will I lose a mark for this ?
Reply 65
Nah u will be alright. As long as u had cos theta =4/5 you will get full marks
Reply 66
Original post by Danllo
I put the actual angle in degrees as part of my answer as well as the cos(theta)=4/5. Will I lose a mark for this ?

nah
Are there any M2 model answers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by Glavien
Are there any M2 model answers?

yeah physicsandmathstutor tweeted them
Original post by kprime2

Thanks, but can you post a link please?
I can't find them on his feed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kprime2

For part d i used (2 0 -2), but then i used (-2 0 2) for part e when trying to find the angle( as i know the direction of the vector doesn't affect the answer), though i apparently found the abuse angle between these vectors. cos(theta)= -4/5 and then i just said cos(theta)=4/5 as i knew there is both abuse angle and acute angle between these vectors. Will i penalised for this?
Reply 71
Original post by kprime2
I reckon at least 65 for an A.

Original post by imran_
65 for an A? Thats a bit too much. Id say around 63
Original post by Fas
This won't be 65 for an A, more likely 63. Anyone who is concerned about it being "rocket high boundaries" don't be, it just will not be that high.

Original post by kprime2
Students who sat this paper will have smashed it. I'm definitely predicting 65 for an A

Confirmed. 65 for an A C4

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol wtf is that FP3. 68 for an A...

Not surprised... Did you see/sit the paper? My prediction was 67 though:angry:

Though I do think grade boundaries shouldn't be that high. It makes it very difficult to achieve top marks, a few errors here and there (as are likely in exam conditions) can cost you a whole grade. My 71 last year in FP2 2015 was only 90 UMS and I remember how disappointed I was.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by kprime2
Not surprised... Did you see/sit the paper? My prediction was 67 though:angry:

Though I do think grade boundaries shouldn't be that high. It makes it very difficult to achieve top marks, a few errors here and there (as are likely in exam conditions) can cost you a whole grade.

I saw it but I forgot about it tbh. I didn't think they'd ever push it beyond 67 in a June exam. Yeah, it's stupid. More papers like last year's FP3 will sort it..
Reply 75
lol wtf is that FP3. 68 for an A...

Look at M3. :rofl:
Reply 76
Original post by Ayman!

92% -> 80%
legit
Original post by Ayman!