The Student Room Group

How to get a job in Dubai? Help!

My current situation is I'm currently 23 years of age and a graduate. I don't have any work experience in my field except from two placements, one which I am currently on.

I really want to move to Dubai or anywhere near that region but don't know how to proceed or whether anyone will even employ me. Can anyone advise me where to begin searching, who should i be contacting for job? Or do i need to wait and have atleast a few years of experience in my field before applying for jobs in Dubai.

This choice isn't a matter of choice its something more personal to me, I want to experience the change in culture and environment.
You need several years of experience depending on the job
Original post by saraxh
You need several years of experience depending on the job

How do you know? What experience do you have on this topic?
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
How do you know? What experience do you have on this topic?

I've looked at lots of jobs in Dubai in the past(curious)
Original post by saraxh
I've looked at lots of jobs in Dubai in the past(curious)

Ok, so my background is in business analytics and operations. There seems to be high demand for job in this area, although experienced individuals are sought for.

If you don't mind me asking what sort of job were you looking for?
My current situation is I'm currently 23 years of age and a graduate. I don't have any work experience in my field except from two placements, one which I am currently on.

I really want to move to Dubai or anywhere near that region but don't know how to proceed or whether anyone will even employ me. Can anyone advise me where to begin searching, who should i be contacting for job? Or do i need to wait and have atleast a few years of experience in my field before applying for jobs in Dubai.

This choice isn't a matter of choice its something more personal to me, I want to experience the change in culture and environment.

Have you Googled? There's loads of information out there!
Original post by threeportdrift
Have you Googled? There's loads of information out there!

I have tried googling information, however there's very limited information on graduates moving to Dubai.

I guess I could just wait a couple of years and try to gain experience before making a move.
I have tried googling information, however there's very limited information on graduates moving to Dubai.

I guess I could just wait a couple of years and try to gain experience before making a move.

The jobs that are advertised in Dubai are either suitable (thus graduates can move to Dubai) or the jobs that are advertised in Dubai all require x number of years of experience (in which case graduates need to gain x number of years experience before moving to Dubai). You need to get the job first, not move first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending