The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ikra.m
playing a game called sleepy lions where we had to sleep quietly on the floor and whoever was the quietest won...welll...the teacher just wanted us quiet for a minute i guess :wink:

Hahahahaha I remember that game
Original post by SteamboatMickey
A paper towel solves everything.

Grazed knee? Paper towel!
Broken arm? Paper towel!
You've smashed your head open? Paper towel!

Those really horrible blue paper towels that didn't do anything :lol:

Original post by ikra.m
playing a game called sleepy lions where we had to sleep quietly on the floor and whoever was the quietest won...welll...the teacher just wanted us quiet for a minute i guess :wink:

That sounds like a fun game tbh :rofl:
Reply 302
Original post by AshEntropy
Hahahahaha I remember that game

wish they let us play it in secondary lol so sleep deprieved
The legend of the student, who also incidentally went to your specific school, who used to swing on his chair, fell off it, broke his neck in more than 14 ways, punctured his heart, his lungs came out of his mouth and died.
We used to play heads down thumbs up during Year 6 French (great quality lessons, right?:K:)

Whoever was last to win, before the French teacher had to go, would be told that they'd be 'first' the following week, and she'd even make a note for us! Never happened - but it kept the interest until people realised she only picked her 'favourites'. Every single week.:dontknow:
that gravity was a force -_-
Told me maths was going to be a fun subject. Iv'e never felt so betrayed.
That a boy once fell backwards and smashed his head open when swinging on his chair.

And that the caretaker was Santa when he was dressed up around Christmas
We were promised munchies in English in year 7. Then she said that she forgot, then she said that Mr Hale ate them all. I am still owed munchies, I have one year left to receive them, before I prosecute.
Teacher before economics exam: I have never seen the price mechanism come up on it's own as a longer answered exam question so don't revise it very much, just understand how to illustrate it.

Day of the exam: 15 marker exam question on the price mechanism :angry:

Teacher after the exam: Well it's only 15 marks, you'll still get an A.
Original post by TehCodingMaster
That a boy once fell backwards and smashed his head open when swinging on his chair.
No, that he died, because he hit his hypothalamus (this was in science) and was paralysed, couldn't breath and consequently died.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
A paper towel solves everything.
Grazed knee? Paper towel!
Broken arm? Paper towel!
You've smashed your head open? Paper towel!
Do you work in advertising,

Spoiler

PE teacher at beginning of lesson: "It's the taking part that counts"
PE teacher mid-way through a lesson: "Try harder you little s**t"
Supply teachers have exactly the same job and so should be treated like normal teachers.
Gay means happy.
No they're not fat, they're just cupcake shape
My PE teacher told me if I ate Spinach and other green vegetables for lunch I would be strong and pass PE.
I failed PE, I still can't climb that stupid rope, and you don't want to know what happens when I eat cabbage!!!!
Original post by Powersymphonia
My PE teacher told me if I ate Spinach and other green vegetables for lunch I would be strong and pass PE.
I failed PE, I still can't climb that stupid rope, and you don't want to know what happens when I eat cabbage!!!!

Original post by 04MR17
PE teacher at beginning of lesson: "It's the taking part that counts"
PE teacher mid-way through a lesson: "Try harder you little s**t"

:rofl: PE was just the worst
I remember in year 10 I got ill and had to go home early. Some kind of situation happened and my English teacher who happens to be a deputy head of the school had to come over and she said to me, "You'd do anything to get out of one of my English lessons". She then laughed and told another high ranked teacher that I actually work really hard and that I got one of the higher marks in my literature coursework. (she knows that I'm aiming for A/A*) The next day she gives out the results and tells me that I got a B and maybe we can do something at the end of the year to improve it. That never happened and to top it all off when I did the creative writing English language coursework in year 11 I found out that I actually got a C and she never even put a B on the piece of paper. :'(

R.I.P. my English grade, plez give me an A on Thursday.
"You will only be sat in the seating plan until I learn all you names"

Not necessarily a fib but we stayed in the seating plan all year because she never learnt anyone's name

Quick Reply

Latest