The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

i'm confused so are the edexcel gb real or not people ?!
Reply 6401
Original post by target21859
The OCR grade boundaries have been out for 2 hours

Should have made that clearer, I've seen the OCR boundaries and was using them as an example of why AQA should have already released theirs
Well they havent actually posted a solution just the ideas and guesses of curves and no actual proof. Its not an answer, they just showed trivial (a,b) pairs and linked them to the correct assumption.
Vieta jumping is an olympiad trick and the actual proof doesnt involve looking at a graph and guessing its this or this wormhole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths
Well they havent actually posted a solution just the ideas and guesses of curves and no actual proof. Its not an answer, they just showed trivial (a,b) pairs and linked them to the correct assumption.
Vieta jumping is an olympiad trick and the actual proof doesnt involve looking at a graph and guessing its this or this wormhole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How you feeling about results?
Seems like I will be awake for the next 28 hours or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parents still don't know when results day is
Original post by johnd45
The Edexcel grade boundaries are clearly real, I'm not sure why people are doubting it

They have to be real. The layout is strange though there is an inconsistent gap between the top of each page and the start of the table, also this is what the last part of the website says : 1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf
it says "AS-and-level"
Original post by Mathsmad123
They have to be real. The layout is strange though there is an inconsistent gap between the top of each page and the start of the table, also this is what the last part of the website says : 1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf
it says "AS-and-level"

I noticed this, I think they are real too. It's just strange considering its supposed to be an official document how 'scrappy' it is. It isnt a troll as that would be completely pointless, the boundaries look realistic to me, only one that was a bit surprising was M2, 68-A* but S1 was low as I predicted and FP1 was terribly low.
Reply 6409
Can i ask for some advice?
really do not want to go to my insurance offer so am likely ringing them in the morning 9:30 to withdraw my offer or whatever. I will likely be going through clearing so can anyone recommend a good university ABB or BBB that has a good history course with preferably guaranteed accommodation, i know its a lot to ask
Original post by Jory
really do not want to go to my insurance offer so am likely ringing them in the morning 9:30 to withdraw my offer or whatever. I will likely be going through clearing so can anyone recommend a good university ABB or BBB that has a good history course with preferably guaranteed accommodation, i know its a lot to ask

maybe University of Kent?
I can't sleep urgh.
I just want Thirsday over and done with now.
My body cannot take this anxiety level anymore.
Original post by MessyEffy
I can't sleep urgh.

Same here
Original post by MessyEffy
I can't sleep urgh.

I can't sleep as well i just dreamt when I'd failed my maths exam😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shuu00
These grade boundaries are fake: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf

Look at how pixelated the logo is for one, and two they don't use the Pearson logo on the top they use the Edexcel one (unless they randomly decided to change it and reduce the quality, which I highly doubt is the case). Also note that the Pearson logo thing is on the bottom of the page, the fake grade boundaries omit that.

Compare it to the layout of previous years' grade boundaries:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1506-A-level-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1406_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/GCE-Composite-1306-v4.pdf

Also, the 2016 grade boundaries aren't actually on the website yet: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/grade-boundaries.html/?Qualification-Family=AS-and-A-level

Literally, someone made these for a laugh.

You just made a fool out of yourself.

I literally can see the grade boundaries on their website, hosted by Edexcel.com + Their converter which also updated on their website, corresponds with every grade/mark on the PDF for Grade boundaries.
Reply 6415
Original post by Kwame502
maybe University of Kent?

Had a look, its too far away. I want to be able to see my girlfriend and family :frown:
Come on AQA... why are you always the last one
Anyone else constantly refreshing to see AQA boundaries?
Original post by Shamzy25
I heard you can check UCAS tomorrow at 12pm to see if your Uni accepted you.. Is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See the first post on this thread
Original post by Jory

Use the UCAS course finder and select Clearing 2016 to look at what is actually available in clearing

Quick Reply

Latest