The Student Room Group

Appealing grades based on learning disability?

Basically, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I've "known" something was wrong for a while now, but passed it off as chronic laziness. Anyhow, for my GCSEs I didn't try very hard so I didn't do well but for my AS's I worked my ass off and I know I haven't done well. Since the diagnosis came round after the examination period, is there any chance to appeal and maybe get leniency?

any help would be appreciated!

(also, I know ADHD isn't a learning disability quite so explicitly but you don't know how **** never being able to focus is until you're never able to focus).
I would ask the exam boards. Send them an email.
Reply 2
Ask the exam boards but I think exentuating circumstances have to be put in while the exams are being sat.
All you can do is email and hope for the best. I'm not sure what they can do retrospectively as most of the disability allowances in exams are time based I believe. (I may be wrong)
Reply 4
Original post by abcdeffy
Basically, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I've "known" something was wrong for a while now, but passed it off as chronic laziness. Anyhow, for my GCSEs I didn't try very hard so I didn't do well but for my AS's I worked my ass off and I know I haven't done well. Since the diagnosis came round after the examination period, is there any chance to appeal and maybe get leniency?

any help would be appreciated!

(also, I know ADHD isn't a learning disability quite so explicitly but you don't know how **** never being able to focus is until you're never able to focus).

You normally have to let the exam boards lmao well in advance - usually a few months...

Quick Reply

Latest