The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
I change places of work every fortnight atm.

Some really open, some not: today being party to a discussion on the art of nude selfies and the concept of threesomes. I just stay quiet and lol continuously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought that would be right up your alley, tbqh.

Original post by Louis.
Had a similar atmosphere in a retail job a while ago. Not that much came of it other than on the occasional work night out. Think it's what can happens when you put a bunch of young people together in a job that isn't ultimately what they want to be doing.

Can't say I remember a lot of public feeling up going on though...

True, no one really gives a **** and you need something to entertain you.

Yeah, that was extreme but we were playing chicken to see who'd break first
Scenes when it turns out Team GB are doped up to the eyeballs :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax

Wouldn't surprise me lol.*

So we got USA in the pool, China with their racket sports, Britain on the bikes. Who else?*

Also why the hell is Dressage considered a sport? :rofl:
Reply 8003
FCSteaua just won twitter. CityRoast2k16.

https://twitter.com/FCSteaua
Original post by The Wavefunction
Thought that would be right up your alley, tbqh.

True, no one really gives a **** and you need something to entertain you.

Yeah, that was extreme but we were playing chicken to see who'd break first

I've been here 2 days lolz. Don't know anyone well enough to get involved

Probs are, but so is everyone else. We've just got the cycling equivalent of Jamaica's sprint teams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
FCSteaua just won twitter. CityRoast2k16.

https://twitter.com/FCSteaua

:rofl:

feel sorry for the players like Nolito and Sane who think they've come to a genuine big club

MANCHESTER IS RED!!! Oil can't cover it! It can buy a part of it for a little while! But that's it!?
(edited 7 years ago)
People who go skiing are so ****ing retarded. oh let me just jump off this mountain, the snow will catch me:colonhash:

Out of all the nations in the world, we would be the least likely to do that tbh

We're way too honest even if it goes against us, just like we don't/didn't tend to dive/go over easily in football even when it'll benefit you in the modern game.

With regards to Cycling, our technology and training are leagues ahead of everybody else (even the USA), so people could barely beat us doped up or not!!
Laura Trott is fine.
Reply 8009
Cc^
Reply 8010
Original post by swirly
People who go skiing are so ****ing retarded. oh let me just jump off this mountain, the snow will catch me:colonhash:

Thoughts on skiing?
Swimming is great
cant watch much of the olympics out here in china, but trying to make the most of it..

When you consider our size/wealth, we are batting well our of our league at the moment, and it cant last forever.. expect in a few olympics us to be back to par, around the level of france/spain/germany etc.

But for now.. 50 medals.. ahead of china.. bragging rights over the wife.. (and everyone else around me) = brilliant
Reply 8013
@Kenan and Kel @Luke Abley do you still play Pokemon go?
Original post by SA-1

Hadn't in a while but went down to Piccadilly Gardens yesterday to use my last lucky egg. Atmosphere was **** so I left after 15mins. You?
Reply 8015
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Hadn't in a while but went down to Piccadilly Gardens yesterday to use my last lucky egg. Atmosphere was **** so I left after 15mins. You?

Went beast mode on it a few weeks ago and haven't really been on since. I wondered if you know much about the gym battles?
Both grown men apparently^
Original post by Lúcio
Out of all the nations in the world, we would be the least likely to do that tbh

We're way too honest even if it goes against us, just like we don't/didn't tend to dive/go over easily in football even when it'll benefit you in the modern game.

With regards to Cycling, our technology and training are leagues ahead of everybody else (even the USA), so people could barely beat us doped up or not!!

That's why the #scenes would be hilarious considering the arrogance of the GB supporters/press and the level of hypocrisy it would be.

Wtf are you smoking? We even saw Gerrard starfish a few times and he's pretty English.

Well a few other cyclists have made comments about how the GB cyclist seem to be nowhere near this level throughout the 4 year cycle (as there are other tournaments other than the Olympics) and then suddenly streets ahead at the Olympics.
Original post by SA-1

Not as much as before but I still go on it.
Hatched an Aerodactyl this morning :biggrin:

What do you need to know on gym battles?
Original post by SA-1

Level 20 now :colondollar:

Original post by SA-1
Went beast mode on it a few weeks ago and haven't really been on since. I wondered if you know much about the gym battles?

If you battle a gym which is a different colour to your team, you battle with 6 pokemon against however many are in the gym. If you beat pokemon (whether 1 or the whole team) the gym loses prestige. If the number hits 0 then the gym becomes neutral and can be taken over.

If you battle a gym which is the same colour as your tean, you battle with only 1 pokemon against however many are in the gym. If you beat any pokemon then the prestige level increases. The higher the prestige, the more pokemon that your team colour can station at the gym (one per person though). I saw a level 8 gym which had 8 pokemon all over level 2500+..

If you add a pokemon to a gym, you can collect 10 coins from the shop. You can only collect once every 21 hours so if you're really good you could add pokemon to a few gyms and collect more coins but most of the time I find people get kicked out of gyms so quickly that it's just better to collect 10 coins a day.

When you're battling, all you do is keep tapping the screen for your pokemon to attack. You can swipe right/left to try and dodge attacks. Once your blue bar builds up, you can hold down to use your secondary/special attack which does high DPS.

Latest