The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

AQA's grade boundaries for AS Maths and Further Maths are beautiful....Yesssssss :biggrin:
Reply 701
Original post by Asurat
I think we got shegged when it came to the paper. I spent how many hours learning the MRI essay mark scheme inside out? And we got a maths paper and sky high grade boundaries as a result.

The amount Maths was ridiculous, countless hours spent on learning PET, CAT and MRI went to waste
Law looks so high but I still think I've done good... Classics - bloody amazed at how low it is to get an A on 1D and 2B.
Expected c4 to be lower - I completely flunked it.
Wjec physics = good bye firm uni
Original post by Hey111
Unless you're not referring to Edexcel it was one of the easiest C3 & C4 I've ever seen. Would not be surprised if the grade boundaries are rocket high. Could be 64 for an A in C3 and 68 for an A in C4.

I was refering to AQA, which the boundary (just released) is 53/75 for an A* :O
Reply 705
Someone needs to update the link at the start of this thread for AQA. Lots of people will be looking at that and not looking at page 35/36 for the AQA grade boundaries.
Original post by Magic_Midget
Those aren't the AQA boundaries. Literally someone got the 2015 boundaries and edited 2016 into it. None of the max marks for any of the papers make sense.

it is the real grade boundaries. its on their website
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/raw-mark-grade-boundary-tables
Does anyone have a copy of mark schemes / papers?
Does anyone have a copy of mark schemes / papers? :frown:
Those aren't the AQA boundaries. Literally someone got the 2015 boundaries and edited 2016 into it. None of the max marks for any of the papers make sense.
Omg people keep messing about ... fr?
Reply 710
It's on their website so I think it's the real one.

Did anyone do Psychology and Sociology?
What do you think of the grade boundaries for those subjects?

PSYA4 seems okay, but I thought PSYA3 would lower? I didn't do gender, but apparently that question messed everyone up. Sociology Unit 4 seems okay
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2016.PDF now the official ones. Aqa released it on twitter legit a minute ago.

Any A2 sociology students how are you feeling about the grade boundaries?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
AQA's grade boundaries for AS Maths and Further Maths are beautiful....Yesssssss :biggrin:

When m1 is so low :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least Sociology Unit 4 is slightly lower this year but wish they'd lower it more after that paper, but after seeing it i dont feel too bad now about tomorrow
Upon further reflection and comparison...

2015 CIV1D CLASSICAL CIVILISATION UNIT 1D - 50 for an A
2016 CIV1D CLASSICAL CIVILISATION UNIT 1D - 46 for an A
2015 & 2016 CIV1D CLASSICAL CIVILISATION UNIT 2B - 47 for an A

Seems that classics has had a 4 mark drop for unit 1 this year. This could be good considering our class spent so long working on the first unit for revision?

Law on the other hand somewhat frightens me.

Unit 1 has gone up from 79 to 82 (ouch)
Unit 2 has gone up from 70 to 72 (ouch)

AQA has screwed over law students </3
I was so shocked when i saw that i was expecting it to be like 120 marks for an A and it's a 106 :biggrin:
Guys if 45/50 raw marks is 64 UMS this year, how much is 44/50 in UMS? I'm looking at Edexcel A2 History course marks here.
Original post by Francesca2298
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2016.PDF now the official ones. Aqa released it on twitter legit a minute ago.

i thought unit 4 grade boundaries would be lower! :frown:
but im happy that unit 3 grade boundaries stayed the same

But the boundaries are different to 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Francesca2298

On my browser it says "page not found". Is this because the servers are down?

Quick Reply

Latest