The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
same course right? They probs would let you in with 200 points I assume??

Yes they're both media and communications. Applied for Sep 2016
OCR physics and chem new spec grade boundaries......look horrible
Original post by jayeshforce1
OCR physics and chem new spec grade boundaries......look horrible

chem is fine??
Physics is about 60% isnt it?
Original post by sieghart
Yes they're both media and communications. Applied for Sep 2016

Most likely would get accepted with 200 then, as you applied rather than went through clearing :smile:
All my friends woke up and asked me what the grade boundaries were...
We're really worried about law :/

I'm literally on "calming down" shifts today with people.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing which students in our law class will be forced to drop the subject. Our school only lets you carry onto A2 if you have 2 C, or in exceptional circumstances, 2 D because they don't think it's worth it (gotta love strict schools). Our law class is split: half of us are A* material and the other half are E grade material so 18 students will be dropping law tomorrow leaving around 12 of us :smile:
Original post by Jitesh
chem is fine??
Physics is about 60% isnt it?

77% for A in chem new spec
69% for A in Physics new spec
I don't know how to react
Original post by jayeshforce1
77% for A in chem new spec
69% for A in Physics new spec
I don't know how to react

Chem A OCR right? The exam was easier than past papers though..?

Sorry think I got mixed up with Physics B which my friends do...
Thank god i did that **** last year when it was 58/75, must've been really easy this yr
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone please sent a link to the edexcel markschemes please I can't find them
Original post by medstudent1010
Someone please sent a link to the edexcel markschemes please I can't find them

go to this page and it has ocr wjec aqa and edexcel :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4236276
Original post by Muttski
All my friends woke up and asked me what the grade boundaries were...
We're really worried about law :/

I'm literally on "calming down" shifts today with people.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing which students in our law class will be forced to drop the subject. Our school only lets you carry onto A2 if you have 2 C, or in exceptional circumstances, 2 D because they don't think it's worth it (gotta love strict schools). Our law class is split: half of us are A* material and the other half are E grade material so 18 students will be dropping law tomorrow leaving around 12 of us :smile:

Why you looking to seeing people not do well?
meanwhile aqa m1 51 for A
anyone else just ELATED about AQA maths grade boundaries? everything except for D2 is lower than i expected :biggrin:
Original post by Qcomber
meanwhile aqa m1 51 for A

Ikrrrr lowest it's ever been if I remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Why you looking to seeing people not do well?

I'm not "looking to seeing people not do well". I'm looking to see our law class reduce in figures because the behaviour is ridiculous. I want everyone to do well but I want a quiet A2 year. Like half of the class has prevented the other half from performing well throughout the entire year.
Original post by Muttski
I'm not "looking to seeing people not do well". I'm looking to see our law class reduce in figures because the behaviour is ridiculous. I want everyone to do well but I want a quiet A2 year. Like half of the class has prevented the other half from performing well throughout the entire year.

Well then I get you. How it was worded sounded like you wanted people to do badly. Apologies
Why are people messing about in alevels? Why can't the teacher control the class?
Original post by xxvine
Well then I get you. How it was worded sounded like you wanted people to do badly. Apologies
Why are people messing about in alevels? Why can't the teacher control the class?

Why are people messing around in the class is exactly what I've wanted to know for the whole year. Our teacher has just focused on the people who want to pass because he considers it a waste of time to control the class when he could be spending those 3-4 minutes clearing up some confusion from one of us on the front row.
ikr!!:frown: i mean don't get me wrong, i thought it was a nice paper but that still seems pretty damn high!
Original post by Jitesh
Chem A OCR right? The exam was easier than past papers though..?

Sorry think I got mixed up with Physics B which my friends do...

Yes but i don't trust the examiners lol
Original post by avengedabbie
ikr!!:frown: i mean don't get me wrong, i thought it was a nice paper but that still seems pretty damn high!

arent edexcel markers more lenient than ocr/aqa?

Quick Reply

Latest