The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
arent edexcel markers more lenient than ocr/aqa?

I'm not entirely sure but i have heard that
Original post by xxvine
Well then I get you. How it was worded sounded like you wanted people to do badly. Apologies
Why are people messing about in alevels? Why can't the teacher control the class?

The classes are usually huge and the teachers treat u like kids and expect u to act like adults
the german grade boundaries are not nice :frown: i don't wanna open my results tomorrow
Do uni clearing places fill up or are places unlimited?
Original post by electrahearts
the german grade boundaries are not nice :frown: i don't wanna open my results tomorrow

AQA A2 german is the lowest it's ever been! right?
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate 53/75 is an A* for C3 AQA? What in the actual f*ck, Mr. Examiner? :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by avengedabbie
I'm not entirely sure but i have heard that

I only did Edexcel from GCSE so can't really judge.. and it was only geography too lol
Original post by tanyapotter

I'm WJEC AS :frown: plus the paper was a disaster so i was hoping an A would drop to 20% haha
53/75 in edexcel D1 for an A.

Phew!
(edited 7 years ago)
they fill up so it is limited.

Original post by xxvine
Do uni clearing places fill up or are places unlimited?
Original post by RDKGames
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate 53/75 is an A* for C3 AQA? What in the actual f*ck, Mr. Examiner? :rofl:

Personally I wouldn't take that as a good sign as it probably meant that a lot of people ****ed up :lol:
at least AQA History Of Modern Britain has dropped an entire grade though!
Original post by jayeshforce1
go to this page and it has ocr wjec aqa and edexcel :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4236276

Thanks but those are the grade boundaries and I'm looking for the edexcel markschemes :smile:
Yooo aqa boundaries lit af bring on tomorrow

Well, PHYA4 and PHA5A are exactly as I predicted with 120 UMS being 65/75.

CHEM4 is two marks higher, CHEM5 is two marks higher.
The ISA boundaries are disgusting...
I'm even more scared for AS results than I was for GCSE. Reflecting on how the exams went I can't even remember how I did now :s-smilie:
Original post by Valyrian
Personally I wouldn't take that as a good sign as it probably meant that a lot of people ****ed up :lol:

I suppose not, but I didn't find it THAT challenging so it would be 53 for a bloody A*. I can literally ignore like 2 of my questions in that paper and get an A*. I'm pretty happy with that to be honest, could actually stand to get my A* xD
Original post by Emilypickett
I'm even more scared for AS results than I was for GCSE. Reflecting on how the exams went I can't even remember how I did now :s-smilie:

Don't be. Though next year for A2's, you SHOULD be since they carry much more weight. xD
Econ 3 and econ4 for Aqa have gone up which is making me so worried . Scraped an A last year .. Don't know if it'll be enough this year however ☹️😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, but they're still high. hopefully i made up some extra ums on the as resit....
Original post by Muttski
Why are people messing around in the class is exactly what I've wanted to know for the whole year. Our teacher has just focused on the people who want to pass because he considers it a waste of time to control the class when he could be spending those 3-4 minutes clearing up some confusion from one of us on the front row.

I blame the teacher
He should be able to control the class
Kick them out if they are messing about

Quick Reply

Latest