The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DesignPredator
That Unit 5 did feel okay but there were a few tricks in it so I think 77-78 is a good bet.

75-76 is more suitable imo. (Although I do agree with you on the fact that the paper was actually better than expected.) The previous years were much worse than this year's paper.
Original post by sabahshahed294
75-76 is more suitable imo. (Although I do agree with you on the fact that the paper was actually better than expected.) The previous years were much worse than this year's paper.

If you're right I will be so happy because I made some ridiculously silly errors in that paper :wink:.
Original post by DesignPredator
If you're right I will be so happy because I made some ridiculously silly errors in that paper :wink:.

Hahaha. lol, it's Unit 5 Chemistry after all. I am sure I made some ridiculous errors too. :tongue:
Have you guys see the grade boundaries?
80 for A* for bot papers !!! I totally understand that for unit 5 but for unit 4 wtf?
Original post by Earth1
Have you guys see the grade boundaries?
80 for A* for bot papers !!! I totally understand that for unit 5 but for unit 4 wtf?

Ikr lol
RIP
Both units exactly the same boundaries. cant be right. 4 was much harder than 5
The grade boundaries though. Think I'm going to have to settle for a B overall.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
The grade boundaries though. Think I'm going to have to settle for a B overall.

Same :/ . 80 for an A* was fair in Unit 5 but I swear Unit 4 was one of the hardest ones I've ever done...
Whaaaaat I need to give up with my uni dreams with grade boundaries like that for unit 4 lol
yh i agree, im really confused by how both unit 4 and 5 have the same grade boundaries. unit 4 was definitely a lot harder.
Reply 2371
Are the grade boundaries a mistake? Did they accidentally copy the wrong number into the unit 4 box? They can't be that high for unit 4 surely? This was the hardest unit 4 there's ever been yet has one of the highest grade boundaries. Might drop edexcel an email to ask...
Has anyone inquired about this?? I've not heard from a single person who agrees with these boundaries, they're absolutely ridiculous!! It's as if they don't want me to achieve my effin dreams!!
Original post by TheMouseyS
Has anyone inquired about this?? I've not heard from a single person who agrees with these boundaries, they're absolutely ridiculous!! It's as if they don't want me to achieve my effin dreams!!

There's nothing you can do really, we'll see if the boundary was justified by looking at the statistics released tomorrow.
And the fact that the boundaries are the same for all the papers including the IR papers is extremely suspect!
Stephen Nugus
ScienceUK: 020 7010 2190
Intl: +44 (0)20 7010 2190
[email protected]

Contact this guy if you want
Bloody bombed Chemistry in comparison, the boundaries were mad.
A*A*A* in Maths, F. maths and Physics then B in chemistry! 90 (b) in both Unit 4 and Unit 5. Ah well, hope everyone else did well!
i got a A overall but i got a B in both unit four and five units. im so gobsmacked cause i converted it and my actual marks are 73/90 and 72/90 but when i compare my raw mark with last years grade boundaries they are both very high As.
i know its a different paper, but honestly these grade boundaries are fked up. it doesnt make sense for both papers to have the same grade boundaries when everyone ive spoken to has said different.
im pleased with the A but i was hoping for the A*.
Unexpectedly got an A*. Hope everyone else got along well! :biggrin:
Got an A, 9 ums off an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending