The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also it is very interesting to see the continued decline of some TSR posters into bigotry and religious hate.
Seeing in a recent thread how even speaking out against muslims facing discrimination triggered certain members into actually blaming the victims and underhandedly saying they deserve it.
Interesting times.
Original post by Al-farhan
Also it is very interesting to see the continued decline of some TSR posters into bigotry and religious hate.
Seeing in a recent thread how even speaking out against muslims facing discrimination triggered certain members into actually blaming the victims and underhandedly saying they deserve it.
Interesting times.

Haters gonna hate
We just continue being awesome :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope he is still lurking around.
Been trying to install windows 10 but having issues
It is like windows is trolling me.
Installer asks me to do something and when I do, it says no it wants the original state.:s-smilie::angry:

Oh :erm:
You could try contacting Microsoft support? Have you made a thread in the tech forum on tsr?
Original post by ash92:)
Oh :erm:
You could try contacting Microsoft support? Have you made a thread in the tech forum on tsr?

Sadly Microsoft support is just posting onto their forums.
Will post on the tsr tech the brains there might be able to help.
No comment.
Just hasbuna Allah:
[video="youtube;T1XnX3kP5XI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XnX3kP5XI[/video]
No comment.
Just hasbuna Allah:
[video="youtube;T1XnX3kP5XI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XnX3kP5XI[/video]

Wth felt so angry watching that!
I wish I could hug that poor child :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the best to those receiving their results tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
All the best to those receiving their results tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw this on Facebook:

SOME ADVICE FOR RESULTS DAY

Bismillah.

Results day is a pivotal day for many college and sixth form students around the UK, and is without doubt quite a stressful experience. However, the entire ordeal can be made a lot easier by following some simple advice.

For those who are collecting your first year’s results, or have not applied to university because you have other plans (e.g. a gap year), then results day is fairly simple for you; you most probably already know what you need to do.

For those of you whose university place depends on these results, what follows is some practical advice that you may find useful.

1. Be positive and optimistic! You probably did a lot better than you think. The remaining points of advice may seem quite morbid and pessimistic, but that’s because we want to prepare you for the worst case scenario.

2. Do your best to remain calm and collected from now. Try to get some sleep so you can collect your results early in the morning. This will ensure you have plenty of time to work on a Plan B should it be necessary, e.g. if you need to call up universities to make an appeal, or get onto another course through clearing. The last thing you want is to miss all alternative opportunities because you were too late! Keeping calm and collected is very important, you'll need to make sure your mind is in the right place to make the correct decisions, should things not go initially as planned.

3. Take someone else with you who *isn’t* expecting results, like a parent, an older sibling, or a friend - preferably someone who’s been through it all before. They can help to calm your nerves before collecting your results. If things don’t initially go as planned, you may find yourself quite emotional and upset, they can help to calm you down and think rationally so that the next decisions you make are the correct ones.

4. If you meet you firm offer, congratulations! Don’t forget to thank Allah and quickly inform the people who care about you, they’re probably as anxious to know your results as you were! Remember to be sensitive to those around you; not everyone will have done as well as you.

5. If you fail to meet your firm and your insurance offers, all is not yet lost. The first people you should seek advice from is your school. They may be able to contact the universities for you and make an appeal, or send some of your exams off to be remarked. You should also try calling the universities yourself and speak to them over the phone. Better yet, if you can you should go in to admissions offices at the universities and speak to them in person.

You’ll be quite surprised; the above has worked for quite a lot of people especially if off by just a few marks. Sometimes the university will agree to give you a place, and sometimes they will make special arrangements. For example, they may guarantee you an offer if you apply again through UCAS for the following year, giving you the opportunity to redo some exams. Basically, they’ll give you another shot. Remember, the admissions team consist of human beings after all. Be nice and use all your negotiating skills!

Of course, it may turn out that they can’t offer you a place or make any arrangements, and this is something you should be ready for.

6. If you’ve missed both offers and the above hasn’t worked for you, you’ll need to go through clearing. You should first contact the universities you were given offers from, as you’ll still be on their system. They may offer you another course that you’ll be happy to take. The important thing about getting through to clearing is to be early and to be persistent. Don’t become disheartened and give up early. Have a few people to help you, like parents, siblings, and/or friends. They can even make calls for you so you can contact more universities in a shorter amount of time. When on the phone, try your best to be clear, calm, and collected - don’t let your emotions get the better of you.

If you do get somewhere with clearing, still think carefully before making a decision. Are you sure you want to go ahead with the course, especially if it isn’t what you were planning to do anyway? Is it better to take a year out, apply again, and do some exams? Make sure you seek advice from the right people, and don’t rush into a decision.

7. If you didn’t meet your firm offers, and didn’t get anywhere with clearing, you may need to take a year out, reapply, and redo some exams. Don’t let this dishearten you. Right now it may seem like a big loss, but a few years down the line you’ll look back and appreciate it as an experience you learned from. Sometimes, you need to take a step back to take several steps forward.

8. Of course, you may decide not to go down the higher education route at all! You may decide to work instead, take a gap year, get an apprenticeship, or something different altogether! As long as it’s a decision you reached after careful thought and seeking advice from the right people, then all is well! We wish you the best!

_____

The College Forum
www.thecollegeforum.co.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalam-o-alikum everyone
ok sooo tomorrow is the results day and its killing me inside :afraid: pleasee pray for me and tell me what duas would change my results :erm: well that was a joke i know nothing is gonna change but i really have a feeling that i didn't pass and the most scariest thing is my parents reaction... i am sooo restless pleasee tell me what to do :bawling:
GoodLuck everyone for tomorrow :h:

I thought you already did A levels :confused:

Original post by fatima1998
Asalam-o-alikum everyone
ok sooo tomorrow is the results day and its killing me inside :afraid: pleasee pray for me and tell me what duas would change my results :erm: well that was a joke i know nothing is gonna change but i really have a feeling that i didn't pass and the most scariest thing is my parents reaction... i am sooo restless pleasee tell me what to do :bawling:

Wasalam
Sometimes you feel you haven't passed but you might be surprised when you get your results.
Even if you didn't do great, just remember there is something better in store for you. Trust me you won't feel like that now, but you'll realise it in a couple years time.
Parents will get over it eventually lol

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab is reported to have said:

“No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.*Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allaah’s decree.

If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from it you cannot flee.”

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Wasalam
Sometimes you feel you haven't passed but you might be surprised when you get your results.
Even if you didn't do great, just remember there is something better in store for you. Trust me you won't feel like that now, but you'll realise it in a couple years time.

“No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.*Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allaah’s decree.

If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from it you cannot flee.”

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks sweetie :h:
but my parents will call me a failure and its not going to be good :sad: and.... i am just tooo stressed rn
Original post by HAnwar
I thought you already did A levels :confused:

Wasalam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did but this year we did Arabic as part of my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks sweetie :h:
but my parents will call me a failure and its not going to be good :sad: and.... i am just tooo stressed rn

Dw just work extra hard next year Insha Allah.
Like I said, they won't care for long.
It's best to try and get some rest for now x

Original post by s_ahmed2
I did but this year we did Arabic as part of my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. You'll be fine Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make Dua for me please :redface:

Can't breathe. Absolutely terrified. I can't mess up my second chance :frown:
Hope it went well for those getting results :smile:
Asalam-o-alikum everyone

All the best sis x
Salam bros,

Did anyone see dawah man's new 90 minute rant on YouTube ?

What do you guys think of him

W/salam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending