The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by money-for-all
AQA physics- Second paper ruined my life.
AQA Maths- C2 Wrecked my life even more.

Core 2:frown:
what i need:

AAAB

what im going to get:

CCCD

How about you?

Honestly, I would be happy with CCCD because I can improve the CCC to B/A if I work harder and smarter in Year 13, I'll just take a gap year and apply post-A2.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
AS results, while relatively important, aren't THAT important. You can always resit exams the next year and probably do much better considering the following year of experience in the subject. You'll be fine :smile:

My school won't let us resit the AS-Levels. And I've heard the same for many other schools.
Original post by asmuse123
My school won't let us resit the AS-Levels. And I've heard the same for many other schools.

Any reason why? That's ridiculous?
AQA physics- Second paper ruined my life.
AQA Maths- C2 Wrecked my life even more.

Pray for low grade boundaries :frown:
The amount of stupid things in C2 that I got wrong.
And physics lol I can barely remember that exam because it was that bad.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I haven't slept properly since my last English language exam :frown:

Did you do the AQA english language exam (AS)?! That was my least favourite exam EVER it was horrifying I'm so scared that I'll get a C or D in the exam!
Original post by blue2337
Did you do the AQA english language exam (AS)?! That was my least favourite exam EVER it was horrifying I'm so scared that I'll get a C or D in the exam!

Sure did!

I lost track of time on paper 1 so missed the last question pretty much. And on paper 2, I really really made some stupid issues with theorists, and that article...

I don't even want to think about how badly that 'article' (more like me writing garbage which doesn't deserve to be marked, in hopes that the examiner will take pity on me and give me marks... as I panic about my future quietly in the exam hall).
Scared
I think about all the marks I may have lost
Sure did!

I lost track of time on paper 1 so missed the last question pretty much. And on paper 2, I really really made some stupid issues with theorists, and that article...

I don't even want to think about how badly that 'article' (more like me writing garbage which doesn't deserve to be marked, in hopes that the examiner will take pity on me and give me marks... as I panic about my future quietly in the exam hall).

Ahahahaha okay thank goodness I've found someone who had as bad of a time as my class did! Paper 1 was a blooming nightmare with timings, and I was so stressed about finishing off in time I cut huge amounts of analysis out and barely talked about anything useful, and I can't even remember answering question 3 (probably blocked it from my memory...).

All I'm going to say about that article is - I made a 50 shades of grey joke... I hope the marker has a sense of humour...

If it makes you feel any better, 1 class stopped the exam for 30 mins after they thought they'd been given the wrong paper 2, and the invigilator left the room for like 20 minutes during my paper 2 and we all whispered about how utterly awfully it was going... I'd love to hear how you do marks-wise honestly! I was aiming for an A but after those papers I'm praying for a low B, what about you?
Man..im so damn worried now, Literally almost a day left
Original post by jayeshforce1
wHAT OTHER SUBJECTS DID YOU TAKE? How did C1 and C2 go for you? and what was your last module S1 OR m1?

I took Bio, Psychology and Law too. C1 was worse than C2 imo and I actually did D1 which was easier than C1&2
Original post by blue2337
Ahahahaha okay thank goodness I've found someone who had as bad of a time as my class did! Paper 1 was a blooming nightmare with timings, and I was so stressed about finishing off in time I cut huge amounts of analysis out and barely talked about anything useful, and I can't even remember answering question 3 (probably blocked it from my memory...).

All I'm going to say about that article is - I made a 50 shades of grey joke... I hope the marker has a sense of humour...

If it makes you feel any better, 1 class stopped the exam for 30 mins after they thought they'd been given the wrong paper 2, and the invigilator left the room for like 20 minutes during my paper 2 and we all whispered about how utterly awfully it was going... I'd love to hear how you do marks-wise honestly! I was aiming for an A but after those papers I'm praying for a low B, what about you?

Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that :redface:

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful. :frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??
Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that :redface:

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful. :frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??

Okay it's absolutely crazy because everything you're saying is exactly how I felt! I'm applying to Cambridge too! (depending how Thursday goes...) Which course are you thinking of doing?

SAME. In mocks I only dropped like, 6 marks or something in Paper 1? Now I'm guessing I've dropped 6 marks PER QUESTION... kill me. The theorists are always a nightmare - who did you mention and which question did you do?

Yes! I'm staying up til like... 10 past midnight maybe? And then trying to fall asleep (as if) and waiting til the morning. Ugh.
Original post by AfcFob
I took Bio, Psychology and Law too. C1 was worse than C2 imo and I actually did D1 which was easier than C1&2

c1 grade boundaries are ending my life just hoping i scraped a B. And Good Luck for tomorrow!
Reply 154
Physics was not pleasant.. especially the 2nd paper. Best if luck, I left out 30 marks worth on paper 2.
I genuinely thought i'd achieved ACD after the exams but looking at the grade boundaries i'm now expecting AAA/AAB I've learnt that there's always a surprise and anything can happen :smile:
Id be so happy with C's at this rate I think I've gotten D's, E's and U's ugh im so worried, hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.
Edexcel govt and politics grade boundaries look awfully high for what was in there. I'd be lucky to get a D tbh ahaha.

I really really really want to drop History and if I have to continue it next year I will legit stick red hot needles in my eyes til I go blind
Reply 158
worried about biology, i found it quite okay, looking at the grade boundaries they are quite low so mustve been a hard paper. That worries me lol (AQA)
Reply 159
Original post by AnnieBeth61
I took Law and History too, v worried about results :/ I also want to apply to Oxford- out of interest, what would be the minimum AS grades you would apply with? Like if AAAA does not work out, would you still apply with say AABB?
Hmm... Different teachers have told me different things tbh. From what I've seen and heard, and what one teacher and another website have said, you can apply with AAAB and there's the chance of you getting in. But I'm not sure about AABB, and of course it depends on GCSE results and admissions tests and interviews as well. I reckon you should ask your teachers for advice on Results Day - I know I'll be doing that.

And good luck with History and Law - you have my sympathies ~

Quick Reply

Latest