The Student Room Group

A-Level Maths in one year

Hi,

Is it possible to do A-Level Maths at an A grade... all in one year by self-studying with no tutoring using Hegarty Maths and textbooks.

I'm doing Diploma in Applied Science L3 which is about 20 hours a week from 19th September.
Original post by ckfeister
Hi,

Is it possible to do A-Level Maths at an A grade... all in one year by self-studying with no tutoring using Hegarty Maths and textbooks.

I'm doing Diploma in Applied Science L3 which is about 20 hours a week from 19th September.

Yes; you're just going to be a busy body doing it all. Past papers are key.
Reply 3
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Yes; you're just going to be a busy body doing it all. Past papers are key.

How many hours you think weekly?

5hrp/w

It's now "how many hours" type of case with self-studying. It's whatever amount of time you need in order to UNDERSTAND each and every topic. I self taught myself FP3 over the summer and my hours are all over the place, not even on a fixed schedule, but I do understand the whole module.
(edited 7 years ago)

Well I self taught C2 and that took like a week or two. C1 shouldn't take long either
Reply 7
Well I self taught C2 and that took like a week or two. C1 shouldn't take long either

How so fast????
Reply 8
stupid tsr giltches
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
stupid tsr giltches
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
stupid tsr giltches
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
stupid tsr giltches
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
stupid tsr giltches
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

Yeah using hegartymaths, ukmathteacher and examsolution you can do it. All you need to do is practise at least 3 hours a day everyday
Hi, Is it possible to do A-Level Maths at an A grade... all in one year by self-studying with no tutoring using Hegarty Maths and textbooks. I'm doing Diploma in Applied Science L3 which is about 20 hours a week from 19th September.
Yeah using hegartymaths, ukmathteacher and examsolution you can do it. All you need to do is practise at least 3 hours a day everyday
Reply 15

sry about spam... TSR was giltching 50000000 times.
Reply 16
Original post by Hashtosh302

If I do hegartymaths + exercises in the textbook its more than 3 hours a day?
Reply 17
Yep, as long as you're working hard and understanding the content a year is more than enough time.
I've self-taught Further maths and Further Additional Maths in 1 year, I put in roughly 10 hours per week.
If I do hegartymaths + exercises in the textbook its more than 3 hours a day?

3hrs is a ruff minimum guide of how much you should be doing

dont focus on how many hours you get complete but rather focus on learning it until you understand it by doing loads of question.

Quick Reply

Latest