The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Say if you did better than you expected, do you have to sign up to adjustment or can you just start to call the unis up?
Say if you did better than you expected, do you have to sign up to adjustment or can you just star calling universities up?
are there grade boundaries for the new AS aqa spec out yet
Say if you did better than you expected, do you have to sign up to adjustment or can you just start calling universities up?
Grade boundaries are ok, apart from economics. way too high for both papers.
Is Track down?
I can't focus on anything apart from results
Please can someone help me, In Y. 12 I did Chem, Maths (A2 - I retook) and Physics. Can I apply for Physics A2 and Further Maths AS and A2 next year only?
Original post by 89911998a
Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels.

What are your firm entry requirements, by the way?

I agree with that. It's difficult to explain one adequate grade or have to delve into circumstantial detail in interviews but I think a lot of places/people are understanding. I guess it all depends on how much work do you think you have to do and is it worth it for a better A Level grade?
I'm looking at ABC and with how it looks from my own predictions (I was pretty accurate at predicting my UMS last year), I'd probably only need to resit one unit and I'd have ABB which I'd be very happy with, even if I know this is not my true ability...I was predicted AAA by my sixth form.
I personally wouldn't go through with resitting it unless I knew it was a threat to any future career/post grad prospects I had, I'm sure I'll discuss this with the suitable people when it comes to it but if it doesn't affect my postgrad opportunities I'll just leave it at a C. At the uni I'm hoping to get into, if you get 60% in your first year you can be put onto the Masters course so I think I'd rather attempt that than resit one unit from a subject I didn't really enjoy in the end.

And missing by 3/4 grades is fairly bad but if you have extenuating circumstances and you were accepted onto a A*AA course and if they still want you tomorrow, they must really think you are capable. Unis don't waste their time with people they don't think will pass/will drop out because, well... money.
Also, even without circumstances, there are many people who get in when they missed their offer by 2/3 grades (although if the requirements are A*AA they're probably a more prestigious uni so maybe less lenience idk???).

My firm asks for AAA, for the Master's version of the course but they actually take you onto the Bachelor's course if you get anything down to ABB, which I actually totally forgot about until I went onto track today so I guess I have it easier than you (If you're A*AA->ABC) so I can't really complain. More favourably for me, Maths is the most important subject for my course and I think that's my A so.

But I hope your firm accept you and you figure out what you want to do! I'm assuming you've put tonnes of effort in if it's enough to worry you! :smile::smile:
What does UCAS say if you get into your insurance but NOT your firm?

Does it say "Congratulations! Your place at (insurance) has been confirmed"?

^ that would annoy me lol
Original post by fefssdf
anyone planning to retake and reapply again to their firm ??

Yeah im planning to do that. Would you still be in college, or would you only go in to take the exams?
Original post by fefssdf

Yeah im planning to do that. Would you still be in college, or would you only go in to take the exams?
Original post by fefssdf

@fefssdf im planning to reapply to my firm after i retake exams
No posts for 37 minutes?

Is everyone dead? Stress overload?
Feeling better after looking at edexcel biology unit 4 😀

Interested in pretty much all of those except the Southampton one sadly, however in a worse case scenario whe I get BCC I doubt most of these places would accept me?

I'm also interested in Accounting and finance or economics as these were my initial choices and if it is easier to get into these courses I would definitely consider it.

Thanks for all your help, I'm at work and you saved me a lot of time!
Is Track down?
Are the AQA mark schemes and reports posted yet?
Ugh TSR is not working properly
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest