AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Scared after GB.

55 for A?! :cry2:
Reply 2221
Original post by Gorillion
Scared after GB.

55 for A?! :cry2:

I think I'm definitely screwed now, + bad ISA marks.
The grade boundaries here are ****ing insane
55 is the highest A ever I think, the paper wasn't even easy wtf

It was generally easier than the past papers.
Original post by marioman
It was generally easier than the past papers.

It was. Probably a lenient ms as well.
115/120 in this, 110/120 in Unit 5 and 44/60 in the EMPA. One raw mark in any exam off an A*. If only I'd not made two idiotic mistakes in the PHYA4 multiple choice :frown:
115/120 in this, 110/120 in Unit 5 and 44/60 in the EMPA. One raw mark in any exam off an A*. If only I'd not made two idiotic mistakes in the PHYA4 multiple choice :frown:

oh my god :frown: what was your offer? definitely get a remark
Original post by tanyapotter
oh my god :frown: what was your offer? definitely get a remark

Made my offer (A*AA), I just wanted an A* in Physics. Still can't believe the EMPA boundaries were as high as they are!
Made my offer (A*AA), I just wanted an A* in Physics. Still can't believe the EMPA boundaries were as high as they are!

Try a remark? no harm, you're gonna have an A worst case.

What was your firm if you dont mind me asking
Try a remark? no harm, you're gonna have an A worst case.

What was your firm if you dont mind me asking

UCL. I don't need an A* for my offer, it would just be nice to have haha.
How I got 100% in this I will never know
Original post by Alby1234
How I got 100% in this I will never know

Congrats :smile:
A* A B being the b in physics which im unsure what to do about this! Our whole school got marked down for the isa. We all go D's?? When we were told the grades we got which was A equvilant of 51 ums and consiquently thats lost me an A for that drop. I dunno what to do about this guys as it cost others A* 's but my school is the type that just thinks aslong as we are at uni then put it under the rug sorta speak. Any advice ?

Well done marioman! Getting an A at least is bloody brilliant :smile:

Trust me wtf

I have the same offer, and the same grades :smile: Well kinda, I got the A* in physics but not quite in maths, missed it by two marks in bio as well :s-smilie:
Original post by allofthestars
A* A B being the b in physics which im unsure what to do about this! Our whole school got marked down for the isa. We all go D's?? When we were told the grades we got which was A equvilant of 51 ums and consiquently thats lost me an A for that drop. I dunno what to do about this guys as it cost others A* 's but my school is the type that just thinks aslong as we are at uni then put it under the rug sorta speak. Any advice ?

Same here, my isa was 45/50 and I got an E... My grades were A*A*B, the B in physics. So I had to go through clearing... Awaiting a remark tho for unit 4
Original post by Rgrewall
Same here, my isa was 45/50 and I got an E... My grades were A*A*B, the B in physics. So I had to go through clearing... Awaiting a remark tho for unit 4

Aw man I feel your pain! luckily my offer still got me in but its just ridiculous! I really wanted an a in physics. I got the same 45/50 which should of been 51 ums ? I think using the aqa converter and we can even resit the isa next year, only empa are available. Plus the school is more reluctant to inquire about it as the whole isa moderation is remarked not the individual. Its shocking really.
Reply 2239
Original post by Rgrewall

wait but I got 45/50 too, which was 51 ums, which is an A right?
Goodluck with your remark btw

Quick Reply