The Student Room Group

Can I call the university if i didn't get the grades to appeal?

I'm not 100% sure how my exams went, but the last thing i want tomorrow is stress if i do not get my grades. If i don't get the grades, can i contact the uni to speak to the course leader to explain my desire to study at the university?
Reply 1
Original post by rt11
I'm not 100% sure how my exams went, but the last thing i want tomorrow is stress if i do not get my grades. If i don't get the grades, can i contact the uni to speak to the course leader to explain my desire to study at the university?

I know a person who did that and the uni accepted them. Worth a shot!
Original post by Arusya

What exactly did he say?
Original post by rt11

Hey, first thing is.... good luck tomorrow! Try not to worry too much, as there isn't anything you can do until your results are released apart from being prepared. The University you applied to may still give you the place even if you didn't achieve the conditions, and if this is the case your UCAS Track will tell you. If you missed out on the place, then there is no harm in phoning and having a chat - this may or may not change things for you if there was mitigating circumstances?

It may also be worth keeping an eye on clearing availability too, just in case. If you end up in Clearing, then hit the phones and and speak to everybody you would consider to see what is out there.

Hope this helps!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr UNiversity)
Reply 4
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
What exactly did he say?

Just explained the situation, really: she told them she missed the offer but she really wanted to study at that particular university and nowhere else. I think quite a lot of people do that, so they expect these calls and they know what's going on.
Good luck tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Arusya
Just explained the situation, really: she told them she missed the offer but she really wanted to study at that particular university and nowhere else. I think quite a lot of people do that, so they expect these calls and they know what's going on.
Good luck tomorrow :biggrin:

Thankyou so much.
Reply 6
Original post by Glyndŵr University
Hey, first thing is.... good luck tomorrow! Try not to worry too much, as there isn't anything you can do until your results are released apart from being prepared. The University you applied to may still give you the place even if you didn't achieve the conditions, and if this is the case your UCAS Track will tell you. If you missed out on the place, then there is no harm in phoning and having a chat - this may or may not change things for you if there was mitigating circumstances?

It may also be worth keeping an eye on clearing availability too, just in case. If you end up in Clearing, then hit the phones and and speak to everybody you would consider to see what is out there.

Hope this helps!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr UNiversity)

Thankyou so much for you feedback, i appreciate it.
Reply 7
I'd say, make a list of phone numbers tonight. Top of the list would be admissions for your firm/ insurance choices, and then a few of the ones from clearing that you could be tempted by.
That way, if you are disappointed or upset, you have your plan of action already in your hands. I did this last year, but THANK GOD I got accepted without the grades anyway :smile:
Best of luck! Hopefully this whole thread will prove unnecessary :wink:
Original post by rt11

Original post by Arusya

People who call after missing their offers have their Track still showing conditional - and in 9/10 cases they're already going to be accepted it's just their university was a bit slow in updating track.

If Track says unsuccessful don't waste time calling - rejections are not taken lightly
See

results day flowchart

For what to do and who to call on results day

Quick Reply

Latest