The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

AQA are a joke. No question.
Original post by Zacken
There are obvious exceptions to this, for example, I obviously have an A*A* in Maths and Further Maths, since I essentially need 0 UMS in my Maths exams and something like <100 UMS over 3 FM exams, I'd say that's a good reason to make assumptions...

my reasoning is that I only need 51/72 in one unit and then 61/83 in the other one and my estimate is around 54 for the first unit and then 60 for the other one so seems more likely than not... I've been through the mark schemes and marked harsh as well
aqa physics boundaries are crazy fml
Good luck everyone don't be too anxious! I missed my grades and was devastated because I thought I'd lose my offer, but still got it, so it does happen!
Original post by Zacken
There are obvious exceptions to this, for example, I obviously have an A*A* in Maths and Further Maths, since I essentially need 0 UMS in my Maths exams and something like <100 UMS over 3 FM exams, I'd say that's a good reason to make assumptions...

Yeah of course, though it's always different for Maths subjects than it is for others (even Sciences). I only have to get at the very most 140 UMS in my two business exams to get the A I need but even then there's still a chance I could mess it up, with writing subjects like that there always is.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Yeah of course, though it's always different for Maths subjects than it is for others (even Sciences). I only have to get at the very most 140 UMS in my two business exams to get the A I need but even then there's still a chance I could mess it up, with writing subjects like that there always is.

Good point, I wouldn't dream of assuming my mark in a subjective essay subject, but am more than comfortable saying I've gotten 75/75 in my FP3 paper, or whatever. Thanks.
AQA have it so easy ffs, look at us Edexcel guys :frown:
Original post by vlb206
Good luck everyone don't be too anxious! I missed my grades and was devastated because I thought I'd lose my offer, but still got it, so it does happen!

Wat uni and wat grades?
You dont have to say it if u dont want to...
Feeling very worried right now! Hoping for AAB with AS but I doubt I will get it.
Does nobody realise that grade boundaries are based on the performance of the students? If boundaries are high it's more likely you've done well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolgamer
Wat uni and wat grades?
You dont have to say it if u dont want to...

It was a while ago and ultimately I decided to go to a different uni but it was University of Birmingham for medicine, they offered 3As and I got A*ABB
That countdown on the side of TSR really trips me up everytime I accidently glance at it...
Original post by Pato1
AQA have it so easy ffs, look at us Edexcel guys :frown:

Only one of my four AQA modules went down (another was Coursework which rarely changes) , the other three went up! I'm just as burned by AQA as you Edexcel guys :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by timster32
What's wrong with being called "sir", in my school we are obliged to refer to male teachers as sir???

I'm not male
Reply 6974
Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Does nobody realise that grade boundaries are based on the performance of the students? If boundaries are high it's more likely you've done well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, it means that more people scored highly not that more people did well.
Also being MEI maths I'm celebrating due to lowest grade boundries in recent history for some modules :biggrin:
Original post by cookiemonster15
That countdown on the side of TSR really trips me up everytime I accidently glance at it...

I can't see it?
Original post by Dapperblook22
Oops, I just grabbed the first one from my history. Here should be all of them.

Hey man I can still only see Maths. Can you find the ones for Psych or History for me please?
Anyone have edexcel A2 biology and chemistry examiner reports?
Original post by PQ
Ohhh for computer science then Swansea is an amazing backup choice - they hit WELL above their weight for employment post degree, have work placement options available and a foundation year if things go horribly wrong, their students rate them really highly, they're pretty good at offering accommodation to clearing intakes, the campus is lovely with some awesome new developments, lovely old buildings and the closest beach to any university campus in the UK (have a look http://www.swansea.ac.uk/virtual-tour-stand-alone/ ).

Not doing computer science but I'm from Swansea and if I hadn't lived here all my life I'd definitely come to uni here, beaches and stuff are so good , decent shops and the nightlife is really good too. My friend did computer science here too
[QUOTE=

I can't see it?

It's on the main page, to the right.
Original post by TrojanH
Hey man I can still only see Maths. Can you find the ones for Psych or History for me please?

Hm, I should check links before I paste them. The one below should work and I will actually check this time :tongue:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-YN4_YfkBkVcFNPVjJ3OHVmYUE

Quick Reply

Latest