The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull university yay or nay

Okay so grade boundaries have been released and i am officially bricking tomorrow. I want to study Zoology at uni and I have Sussex as my firm choice but it is a conditional offer and i am worrying i wont make the cut. i have Hull as my insurance choice and they gave me an unconditional,
can people tell me if hull is a good uni or place to live please because i don't know if i should go through clearing for another uni instead.
THANK YOU
Kat xx
Original post by Kat,
Okay so grade boundaries have been released and i am officially bricking tomorrow. I want to study Zoology at uni and I have Sussex as my firm choice but it is a conditional offer and i am worrying i wont make the cut. i have Hull as my insurance choice and they gave me an unconditional,
can people tell me if hull is a good uni or place to live please because i don't know if i should go through clearing for another uni instead.
THANK YOU
Kat xx

Hello! I grew up in Lincolnshire and now live in Sussex so can offer you a bit of insight. They are very different places.

Sussex:

- Very expensive to live in
- Brighton is the funnest, most liberal city I've been to (closest city to Sussex)
- Amazing night life
- South downs countryside is amazing
- Excellent uni (imo under valued in rankings)

Hull:

- Very cheap to live in
- Less liberal, but still a fun city which is up and coming (lots of recent investment there)
- Close to Yorkshire dales and peak district which are stunning
- Can't comment on the night life (haven't been out there)
- Like the city, the uni is quite up and coming and staff members who've been there had a fantastic time
(edited 7 years ago)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Probably nay.

Uni not too bad. City on the up supposedly but any sane person would rather live in Brighton.
Reply 3
Original post by stefano865
Probably nay.

Uni not too bad. City on the up supposedly but any sane person would rather live in Brighton.

oh i agree but i just dont know if i dont get into sussex if i should decline hull and go through clearing for another uni
Not sure what happened and whether you went through clearing or not but I live in Hull and I can truly say that it's a really good city to live in. So many students you have no clue. The nightlife is so varied; we have spiders which is a really unique, dark place where they place old music, screamo, and pop punk stuff, soooo cheap too (£1.70 for a double). Then there's welly, slightly more expensive at £2.50 a double but they have a few different nights, Thursday's are jelly where it's pop punk upstairs, main room is kinda indie/chart music, then the lounge is a bit of rap I suppose? Really great atmosphere there. Then you have asylum, never been but it's the uni's own nightclub. Then you have sugar mill and valbon, both a bit more expensive and play a lot of house and chart music, a lot of the more popular???? People go to these places. Then you have newland and princess ave, lots of cocktail bars and cosmopolitan restaurants down there, really nice when you want to impress someone.

We are also city of culture 2017 so there has been a lot of funding put into the place, but we have plenty of places to shop, we have the deep too!!!! Idk man it's a cool city tbf I wouldn't be too worried we're all pretty chill.
Reply 5
Nay, Hull is a hole.
Reply 6
Surely Hull is better than Sussex
born and bred in good old Hull, Hull 100% my friend!!

Quick Reply

Latest