The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Absolute manchild

[video="youtube;ot1iF_mYi8M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1iF_mYi8M[/video]
Oi @leinad2012 the economics expert, thoughts on this independent analysis on Arsenal finances posted three months ago: https://www.css-investments.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Arsenal-5-5-16-Final.pdf

Notice how a lot of the £200m is going towards wages (and thus, waste of money paying those who don't play)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Oi @leinad2012 the economics expert, thoughts on this independent analysis on Arsenal finances posted three months ago: https://www.css-investments.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Arsenal-5-5-16-Final.pdf

Notice how a lot of the £200m is going towards wages (and thus, waste of money paying those who don't play)

Had a quick read but on holiday so not going to go into depth into the report. Pretty certain it said staff wages were £159mil. Obviously that isn't all players but you would.expect at least £100mil of it to be.

Is it a waste? Probably. We have far too many squad players right now. But then, we are Arsenal, and where normal teams would need a squad of 23 (cover for each position plus an extra keeper) we seem to need 30 at least because we have 10 injuries on the go normally.

(Also, on a different note, I think prices have reached their peak now. Teams lower down are going to start to realise it's much cheaper to run a siccessful academy than buy players. Teams like Everton spunking £30mil on average players aren't going to be sustainable compared to Southampton, who seem to be able to run one of the most successful academies in the world for a year for the price of 1 Bolasie.)

If we've learnt one thing, it's that the move to the Emirates was awfully timed in hindsight. The extra 25,000 seats bring in £25mil extra revenue per season tops, not considering the extra running costs. That's not much compared to tv deals and sponsorship. Meanwhile, a certain team has had a 60000 stadium paid for and run at the taxpayers cost and even Spurs have developed at the right time. Our stadium cost as much as united or city spend on players in 2 transfer windows.
Nah, I've lost faith in him. I think he's totally inept in the modern day transfer market.

And in terms of actual football, he has no chance against Pep and Jose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only thing he's doing right is delivering on a minimum target. If he didn't have such an inflated squad because of injuries, we would have more to spend on transfers :wink:
Thoughts on Henry spending his Birthday at United?
He's getting paid a fortune, guy seems to be doing fine... for himself (and the board). Wenger sold us out for loot and personal gain.
Original post by Dirtybit
Thoughts on Henry spending his Birthday at United?

bet he's teaching Martial how to score that goal he scored against you guys :wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
bet he's teaching Martial how to score that goal he scored against you guys :wink:

He's having fun visiting his favourite players :redface:

He's having fun visiting his favourite players :redface:

I'm sure he is, sadly he had to make a stop off in Manchester first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rashford's a monster for an 8 year old
x

Thoughts on Kanan?
Original post by swirly
Thoughts on Kanan?

Not really a starwars guy

Thoughts on Kal?
Not really a starwars guy

Thoughts on Kal?

Kanan from Power ffs

Have no idea who Kal is
Original post by swirly
Kanan from Power ffs

Have no idea who Kal is

:rofl:

Don't watch power anymore pal, I legit forgot
I genuinely believe Wenger is senile. He needs to be put in a home.

We're not getting a 'madness', only perpetual sadness. :frown:
I am actually hoping that we finish below 4th this season, we need a big shakeup at the club and its not going to happen unless there is mass outrage. I think Spurs finishing below us made Wenger feel like the season was a success.
Wenger right now knowing he wont make any signings:

Aug 31st, fans are furious, and Wenger assures them they are in the market for top top quality:

Latest