The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

@The Learn Ranger what was the biggest fib YOU told to your students when you were a teacher?
That I totally didn't pull down my trousers as a dare in front of the whole class when my Year 2 teacher was out of the room... :K:
Original post by Fox Corner
@The Learn Ranger what was the biggest fib YOU told to your students when you were a teacher?

I'm ashamed to admit this ... but I told a class that before he was a philosopher/economist Karl Marx used to be goalkeeper for Borussia Dortmund.

Spoiler

Reply 323
My year 6 teacher (the school's IT technician too) told us he knew how to use a computer... he hadn't got a clue and all of us 11 year olds could do better than him.
"Algebra will come in handy".

No joke, actually got told this.
When you get hiccups it means you are growing , my teacher in reception use to say this all the time
This 5 page essay will be beneficial to you in the Year 12
Original post by 04MR17
Do you work in advertising,

Spoiler

I don't actually, guess I could consider it though :wink:

Hahaha! Thanks man :biggrin:
C1 is the easiest module don't worry about it.
That I would succeed.
Well even from Promary school we all got told that almost certain death was gaurateed if we rocked back on our chairs, every teacher knew one child who cracked their head open etc,
Also later on in Year 9 when starting woodwork there was always one guy our teacher explained that got their 80's style hair caught in the woodwork drill, this guy must of had a tiny head because no way a human could get their head in that gap!
However these fibs and trucks worked and no one died in all my school time! As predicted
It's not really a lie though is it.
My teacher told me I'd pass my ALevels 😳
My school said they don't tolerate bullying 🙄
Chemistry electron shell configuration - all my chem friends complain that it was all a lie.
You can't square root negatives (Screw you GCSE maths! I was writing Mandelbrot set plotters in Year 11!)
Light is a wave - suddenly quantum physics and everything gets very confusing
They always told us that Proxima Centauri is the closest star to Earth. What about the sun? XD
Teacher told me homework is useful
The kid who swung back on his chair and cracked his head open and died
It's guaranteed that "X" will not be in the exam!
Not a fib, but I used to love the way that we'd go away for the summer holidays, then one of the female teacher's name changed by the time we got back because they got married. Even more amusing when it changed to the same name as one of the male teachers :mmm:
(edited 7 years ago)
- I'm sure you did much better than you thought you did
- If you're really quiet, you'll hear the gruffalo
- Only the really good kids get sweets (everyone gets sweets)

Quick Reply

Latest