The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

I don't care that the Hall of Fame game is what Diet Own-Brand Cola is to Coca-Cola, at least it was something resembling football, and with players who may have stuck on a team's 53.

I was angry beyond words that it was canceled due to a bad field. The NFL is a billion dollar organisation, and couldn't even organise its own game to commemorate its great players? Ruined a good day of sport for me too. Ichiro's 3000th hit, the England team winning the test game, the Olympics...etc. etc.

Sigh.

A few more days. At least, now we are getting preliminary depth charts. Interestingly, Trevor Siemian is listed as the co-starter with Mark Sanchez, but from what I've heard, Sanchez has really struggled. Siemian has thrown much less picks against the 1s, too, and has that extra year in the Kubiak system.

I'll check over the fantasy team as well. I may change my team name to something else. We'll see.
Original post by ..DT..
League has been reactivated to check nfl.com to reactivate your teams and drop your team names in here and on monday I'll PM anyone who hasnt joined again, if they dont answer within a week we will open those slots up. Aim to draft the sunday before the season starts?

I'm in. Looking for revenge.
Strong episode of Hard Knocks. Much better personalities than Atlanta, and IMO better than Houston too.
Jeff Fisher seems like a massive douche though. Giving guys the TV show pause before he cuts them, wtf.
Reply 2344
Original post by SmashConcept
Strong episode of Hard Knocks. Much better personalities than Atlanta, and IMO better than Houston too.

We don't have it in the UK yet! I think it'll be good as long as they don't get caught up in the LA hype. The bubble stories are the magic of Hard Knocks so if they lose them I'll be upset.
Original post by Wattsy
We don't have it in the UK yet! I think it'll be good as long as they don't get caught up in the LA hype. The bubble stories are the magic of Hard Knocks so if they lose them I'll be upset.

I'd be pretty shocked if this is the first ever season they don't focus on the bubble guys. Although now that you mention it episode 1 was mostly just starters.
Reply 2346
To be fair those things tend to start becoming more apparent as we get further in with Preseason 1 and 2 under the belt you can see who backed up their practice and utilised their playtime to develop those stories.

Football is also back! I'm sat here watching Preseason Week 1 Falcons v Redskins on a dodgy af stream because Reddit is down but football is back!*

Edit: so are the traditional preseason flags :frown:*
(edited 7 years ago)
Get Gamepass dude.

I thought about not getting it for ethical and financial reasons, then they sent an email saying it was going to automatically renew unless I cancelled it and I thought "who the **** am I kidding"
Reply 2348
Get Gamepass dude.

I thought about not getting it for ethical and financial reasons, then they sent an email saying it was going to automatically renew unless I cancelled it and I thought "who the **** am I kidding"

Its like £42 per month now accounting for the length of the season! £140 total. Hard to justify that cost right now for me. Also, that's like half the price of my family's extortionate Sky bill but for one channel. It costs more than Netflix/ Amazon Prime on a year to year basis and probably gets used less.
Original post by Wattsy

Its like £42 per month now accounting for the length of the season! £140 total. Hard to justify that cost right now for me. Also, that's like half the price of my family's extortionate Sky bill but for one channel. It costs more than Netflix/ Amazon Prime on a year to year basis and probably gets used less.

Don't ruin this for me lol
Reply 2350
I need some of that crazy money Tyrod Taylor's getting with the wild extension. I'm glad it's big on incentives because my first reaction to that number was WHAT!? Then £140 would be alright.
Original post by ..DT..
League has been reactivated to check nfl.com to reactivate your teams and drop your team names in here and on monday I'll PM anyone who hasnt joined again, if they dont answer within a week we will open those slots up. Aim to draft the sunday before the season starts?

Any slots open after the week? I am Motorbiker's bro
Reply 2352
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Any slots open after the week? I am Motorbiker's bro

There is at least 1 slot yeah because my mate was a fill-in 8th man. You can have his place.
I've been thinking and with how work is right now don't know if I can give the attention setting up the league needs. Wattsy, would you be up for taking up comish? Obviously still keen to defend my crown, just long weeks at the moment and don't wanna let you guys down.
Reply 2354
Original post by ..DT..
I've been thinking and with how work is right now don't know if I can give the attention setting up the league needs. Wattsy, would you be up for taking up comish? Obviously still keen to defend my crown, just long weeks at the moment and don't wanna let you guys down.

No problem, that grad job is still evading me so I have bags of time.
Original post by Wattsy
No problem, that grad job is still evading me so I have bags of time.

Speaking on being comish.

We need to organise a draft date and time.

I will open the bidding at Sunday 4th September at 6pm . Anyone got any issues or want to start posting when you're not available?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2356
Original post by Motorbiker
Speaking on being comish.

We need to organise a draft date and time.

I will open the bidding at Sunday 4th September at 6pm . Anyone got any issues or want to start posting when you're not available?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll get the new thread going and we can get into this properly.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4258204&p=67003820#post67003820 <---- NEW THREAD ALERT
(edited 7 years ago)
How hard is it for streaming sites to get Hard Knocks up wtf???
Original post by Wattsy
I'll get the new thread going and we can get into this properly.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4258204&p=67003820#post67003820 <---- NEW THREAD ALERT

Legend. You should be in control now, and I shall move to the new thread for discussion!
How hard is it for streaming sites to get Hard Knocks up wtf???

There is a low quality version posted on the subreddit episode discussion (google drive 480p version)

Quick Reply

Latest