The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sacred Ground
Anyone got plans this evening? Idk what to do with myself

Binge watching youtube trying to forget about tomorrow but I feel so sick with nerves :laugh:

Same, I am just watching videos, opening twitter see people freaking out then opening tsr and this is getting me stressed even more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch some youtube videos. Lie on my bed trying to sink in what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully get good sleep WITHOUT A DREAM OF PICKING UP RESULTS
Original post by ryanroks1
I guess we could still try calling unis and inform them of our plans. We wouldn't have clearing numbers but could still forward our grades and personal statements to them manually.

You can't do that as they have no way of accepting you through the system like that as far as I know, sorry.

Original post by Ylvis
Good luck everyone:smile: I'm confused now because I want to go to my insurance choice instead of my firm! Is that means I have to go to clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I m afraid if you end up in your firm then that's what you ll have to do.

masturbate?
Original post by PlayerBB
Same, I am just watching videos, opening twitter see people freaking out then opening tsr and this is getting me stressed even more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Binge watching youtube trying to forget about tomorrow but I feel so sick with nerves :laugh:

Original post by mahmzo
Watch some youtube videos. Lie on my bed trying to sink in what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully get good sleep WITHOUT A DREAM OF PICKING UP RESULTS

Any good YouTube channel recommendation? :smile: stuff like alltime10s, therichest and rob dyke if you guys want to watch any of those
Original post by 89911998a
Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels.

What are your firm entry requirements, by the way?

I tried replying like 5 hours ago but the website said it wasn't sending so I'll try again. Sorry if you've had this reply about 87768 times.

I totally agree with practically everything you said. I know personally I won't be resitting my C grade if I get into my firm with ABC because I'd likely only get it to a B from resitting (since it was always my weakest subject/least favourite) and why focus on that when I can focus on getting 60% in my first year to get into the postgrad masters course?
If I find out it will affect me further down the line only then will I start looking. I'm going to discuss this with whichever university I get into at the appropriate time.
I get what you mean about the awkwardness of having to explain why the grade was so poor in interviews and that's the only thing that would it me off too...having to explain why you did so bad might make it sound like excuses are being made.

But, if this uni has accepted you, they clearly think you have potential to pass. If they accept you tomorrow with these extenuating circumstances and 'low' grades then they're willing to take that risk with you because they think you're a worthwhile risk. And if you're predicted A*AA you must be smart generally!
Unis generally don't accept people if they don't think you're going to get a good degree grade because, well....money.
And also, I agree you can get worse combinations, but As are still seen as good and so are Bs. Remember that a lot of people get accepted under normal circumstances if they miss their grades by one or two (although admittedly if you've applied for an A*AA course maybe this uni would be less inclined into doing that, I don't know.They're pretty high grades, is it a reputable place/course?)

My firm wants AAA for the Master's but they actually emailed me and said they'd take me on the BEng version of the course if I got ABB - which I totally forgot about. And with ABC on the cards for me I probably have it easier than you, so I shouldn't be complaining:frown::frown:

I think if they accept you tomorrow then you clearly deserve to go. If it's the 'uni of your dreams' etc. then why should your circumstances hinder you? You'll be able to prove yourself to that uni within your first year. And if you care enough to have made a post on here I guarantee you've probably put so much time and effort into it too, so you do deserve your place! I hope you get what you want tomorrow! Good Luck!:smile::smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I am thinking I will spend the next twelve and a half hours watching supernatural
Any good YouTube channel recommendation? :smile: stuff like alltime10s, therichest and rob dyke if you guys want to watch any of those

I love watching those, and Danger Dolan he's hilarious:biggrin:
I really wanna watch people open their results but I've watched them all when I was waiting for my AS:colonhash:

Learn to knit?

Make pom poms?

Practice origami?

Colouring in?

Basically manual tasks that require concentration and dexterity. Plus listen to the radio.
Also serious advice. Avoid caffeine and put your screens onto night/low mode.

It'll help you either drop off or get some relaxing shut eyes time to prepare for tomorrow's celebrating.
The course I applied for is now in clearing and the entry requirements have been lowered to BBB (Economics and Finance at Queens Belfast). If one was a gambling person, what would that suggest about the course?. Could it be that the course is undersubscribed and that they are accepting people to attract more on the course?. Or could it mean that applicants like myself have got on the course because it was unpopular and they wanted to fill spaces. Any queries or ideas would be welcome. Goodluck for tommorow

There Will never be a scarier day
my first choice course is not in clearing on my uni's clearing list..... does this mean all the offer holders are in i am in or am jumping the gun?
Original post by phaggit
my first choice course is not in clearing on my uni's clearing list..... does this mean all the offer holders are in i am in or am jumping the gun?

It doesn't mean anything - it's impossible to correctly read into it. Your place is not guaranteed as there will be more applicants than places, and they could decide to go into Clearing tomorrow if they want to.
Original post by Holy_Wam
The course I applied for is now in clearing and the entry requirements have been lowered to BBB (Economics and Finance at Queens Belfast). If one was a gambling person, what would that suggest about the course?. Could it be that the course is undersubscribed and that they are accepting people to attract more on the course?. Or could it mean that applicants like myself have got on the course because it was unpopular and they wanted to fill spaces. Any queries or ideas would be welcome. Goodluck for tommorow

There Will never be a scarier day

It doesn't say anything about how you've done. But if you have BBC or above you're likely to be accepted.
I cant take it anymore i just want to get it over and done with HURRY UP RESULTS DAY FFS
Original post by ryanroks1
Anyone else considering Clearing as an alternative to their insurance choice and asking to get released if they don't get in their firm?

Yes I'm in this situation! Just got to hope that my insurance won't take too long to release me (if I've got in)

Vsauce!
Original post by celiajacobs
Yes I'm in this situation! Just got to hope that my insurance won't take too long to release me (if I've got in)

It will of course depend on the University but my insurance last year was very quick at it. Just make sure you know where to find the forum / any method your university is using beforehand if possible.
Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek
I cant take it anymore i just want to get it over and done with HURRY UP RESULTS DAY FFS

tell me about it!! after seeing the grade boundaries I just wanna know how ****ing bad I really did!
Good Luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest