The Student Room Group

I Went Through Clearing Last Year AMA

As the title says, I went through clearing last year! I'm happy to offer people some advice and helpful tips.

Why I went through clearing: I actually got the grades I needed to go to my first choice but thanks to a member of my family suddenly moving I had no place close enough to live at to be able to go. So I decided to reject my offer and go through clearing.

I had originally intended to study BA Media Studies at Anglia Ruskin, I am now studying FdSc Applied Animal Studies at Moulton College (validated by the University of Northampton) and will "top-up" my degree next year.
Original post by PurplePixie96
As the title says, I went through clearing last year! I'm happy to offer people some advice and helpful tips.

Why I went through clearing: I actually got the grades I needed to go to my first choice but thanks to a member of my family suddenly moving I had no place close enough to live at to be able to go. So I decided to reject my offer and go through clearing.

I had originally intended to study BA Media Studies at Anglia Ruskin, I am now studying FdSc Applied Animal Studies at Moulton College (validated by the University of Northampton) and will "top-up" my degree next year.

Out of interest, was it just not viable to stay in uni halls?

Roughly when/how did you make up your mind about what course you wanted to do (seeing as they're different) - was it before or after results day?
Reply 2
What made you also change your course when you went into clearing?
What do they ask you?
How should I prepare for clearing? (what documents etc)
Original post by SeanFM
Out of interest, was it just not viable to stay in uni halls?

Roughly when/how did you make up your mind about what course you wanted to do (seeing as they're different) - was it before or after results day?

Halls were a 40 minute bus ride from campus ;-;

Original post by mgill17
What made you also change your course when you went into clearing?

Regarding the course change, I changed after results day and the why is that I realised I had the opportunity do something completely different, I never realised that I could do I course about animals that wasn't vet-related (blame my sixth form for that.
Original post by coolgamer
What do they ask you?

They will ask you your UCAS points, which course you're interested in and why. They may also ask which career path you want to go into.

Original post by rubyamelia
How should I prepare for clearing? (what documents etc)

Have your UCAS info to hand and your personal statement as well as your results. It may be worth counting your UCAS points before you phone.
Proptip: Try to be as calm as you can, try not to cry and I know that might be difficult but try <3

Quick Reply

Latest