The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Coutinho already set to price rise :lol:

Quality player but you need to time it right with him.

Yeah he'll score 2 goals against Arsenal, but then he'll blank for 5 games - all the while Firmino gets a goal or assist every match.
Original post by Luhar
Top of the league, started better than last year. Probably will swap out Mahrez for a Liverpool mid this week.

Be careful with Liverpool players - without Europe we have a lot of midfielders and I can see us rotating a great deal, especially when Sturridge returns.

Mané is expensive but a very good option.
61 points , decent start and all 3 of my strikers scored. Only surprise was Fabregas not playing, but since Lamela was my first sub that actually helped tbh :colone:. Done a straight swap of Fabregas for Lallana for next week though.
from 20 points to 57 within 1 game. Wow
Mahrez or Martial? :holmes:
Original post by Mister Dead
4 point hit already.

I don't much like the look of the striker situation so I switched Vardy out for 4.5m striker Diamande and upped my 5.5m midfielder for Mahrez. Happier with a potentially dodgy striker on my bench and a penalty taker in first 11 midfield.

Leaves me 3m and plenty of options to play next week and hopefully have reshaped my team at a -8 and save the WC

There's so many potentially excellent looking full-backs, who wont get rotated, that i'm thinking with big strikers like Kane and Vardy both playing for teams with Champions League commitments, this could really be the season to play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with a huge defence, midfield, Aguero and a second choice like Deeney or Defoe

I went for Valencia, Stones, Baines and Terry and got 2's across the board. I like the idea of a good defence but not many people seem to go with it as so many value defenders come along.

Other disappointments were Firmino and Tadic. Tadic is such ridiculous value though so he's hard to get rid of. Annoyingly I dropped Redmond and Lamela so feel a bit stupid, but Tadic to Lamela seems sensible. If Firmino is outperformed again (seems to be an issue because Liverpool will score a lot) then I'll switch to Coutinho or Mane.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes that's right, Aguero, miss those penalties in CL so you can score in PL :tongue: [Aguero's missed both penalties for those ain't watching]
Original post by mr tim
Yes that's right, Aguero, miss those penalties in CL so you can score in PL :tongue: [Aguero's missed both penalties for those ain't watching]

He's missed 2 penalties in a match??!
Original post by Lúcio
He's missed 2 penalties in a match??!

1 saved and 1 over, all in 20 mins.
Original post by mr tim
1 saved and 1 over, all in 20 mins.

Wow....

Well as long as he's scoring them in the league!
If you have Aguero, you can't justify not captaining him because he'll just score a brace no matter who the opponent.

He'll blank against Burnley and back a hattrick against Spurs - his ridiculous quality is too unpredictable to second guess.
If Aguero replicates this in the Prem then I may have to swap him in :redface:
Original post by PugDevil
If Aguero replicates this in the Prem then I may have to swap him in :redface:

Misses 2 pens, scores a hattrick anyway....

Aguero pls
Don't think the captains armband will be leaving Aguero anytime soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Don't think the captains armband will be leaving Aguero anytime soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He can't be missing pens though because any negative points are multiplied by 2!! :frown:
Original post by little_wizard123
I went for Valencia, Stones, Baines and Terry and got 2's across the board. I like the idea of a good defence but not many people seem to go with it as so many value defenders come along. Other disappointments were Firmino and Tadic. Tadic is such ridiculous value though so he's hard to get rid of. Annoyingly I dropped Redmond and Lamela so feel a bit stupid, but Tadic to Lamela seems sensible. If Firmino is outperformed again (seems to be an issue because Liverpool will score a lot) then I'll switch to Coutinho or Mane.*

I'm liking the look of Ivan, Azpi, Valencia, Clyne. Ivan was definitely looking like there's more of a spark there than last year and was linking up well with Willian

I decided against Liverpool MF's because they just seem a complete headache. It's clear they're all going to score well enough this season because they've got goals in them, I guess the question is whether there's better value out there in players like Siggy, Snodgrass, Barkley, William, Lamela, Tadic, Redmond etc.* I'm a big fan of penalty takers so my MF is Mahrez, Tadic, Barkley, Hazard, Aguero and will be Deeney in a few weeks. **

Lamela is definitely an interesting prospect, though I think Tadic to KdB might be my next move
(edited 7 years ago)
Andre Ayew out for 4 months. Mane muscle injury rather than shoulder injury as 1st feared.
(edited 7 years ago)
How come there's no H2H league this year?
Original post by The Wavefunction
How come there's no H2H league this year?

There is :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
There is :biggrin:

Ooh. Got the code?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Ooh. Got the code?

I'm not sure where to find it!

sr90 made it though so he'll know - can you join H2H after season start anyway?

Latest