The Student Room Group

How to withdraw from insurance

Hi, I have accepted my firm and insurance but if I don't get into my firm choice I don't want to go to my insurance, rather into clearing. I have emailed my insurance, what else can I do?
If you end up getting into your insurance tomorrow all you can do is nicely ask that they put you into clearing and hope they do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Original post by thatgr
Hi, I have accepted my firm and insurance but if I don't get into my firm choice I don't want to go to my insurance, rather into clearing. I have emailed my insurance, what else can I do?
Original post by thatgr

As above - but don't say "withdraw" - withdrawing in UCAS would cancel your application altogether it wouldn't put you in clearing...just ask to be put into clearing.
Reply 3
I feel the same. I rang them last week and they said they couldn't do anything until they had my results. As its so late you'll have to try ringing tomorrow after you get your results. I've read on the UCAS site that unis would rather release you than admit unhappy students. Might not happen for certain though as you're obligated to go
Original post by Reexox
I feel the same. I rang them last week and they said they couldn't do anything until they had my results. As its so late you'll have to try ringing tomorrow after you get your results. I've read on the UCAS site that unis would rather release you than admit unhappy students. Might not happen for certain though as you're obligated to go

It's very unlikely a university would refuse...they might not rush it through though (and even if they do it can take 24-48 hours from phoning on results day to show on Track depending on the unviersity's systems and procedures).
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice guys
Hello, I am in a similar position, i would like to take a gap year if i miss my firm offer.

Can i ask to be withdrawn then for this year?

I would like to reapply next year.
Original post by whydoidothis?
Hello, I am in a similar position, i would like to take a gap year if i miss my firm offer.

Can i ask to be withdrawn then for this year?

I would like to reapply next year.

If you definetly don't want to use clearing, then yes you can ask to be withdrawn.
Original post by claireestelle
If you definetly don't want to use clearing, then yes you can ask to be withdrawn.

thanks alot, also do i ring ucas or my insurance uni?

I know my grades and met my insurance but missed my firm offer, although I am hoping my firm will still take me.

I know my grades and met my insurance but missed my firm offer, although I am hoping my firm will still take me.

Wait for track to open and then if you dont get into your firm and are absolutely sure this is what you want, then you can phone ucas to do it.

Wait and see if you are accepted at your firm before contacting your insurance.
Original post by claireestelle
Wait for track to open and then if you dont get into your firm and are absolutely sure this is what you want, then you can phone ucas to do it.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Wait and see if you are accepted at your firm before contacting your insurance.

ah makes sense now, thank you both. Great advice, I'm not thinking too coherently lol.
ah makes sense now, thank you both. Great advice, I'm not thinking too coherently lol.

It's a bit of a difficult day for many. Good luck.:smile:
Original post by thatgr

Hi there,

If you are defiantly sure that you don’t want to attendyour insurance choice, then you can ring them today (following the release ofyour results) and ask them to releaseyou’. This then puts you back into the application process and you canstart to accept offers from other universities.

If for whatever reason you think, I would rather not goto university then you can ask to be withdrawn.Good luck today! If you need any help at all feel free tomessage me, I will be on the student room all day today. If you would like to talk to a member of our clearingteam you can give us a call on 03330 432414. Or if you would rather chat to us online you can use our Live Chat system:
www.glos.ac.uk/clearing
and speak to a member of our clearing team for more advice.
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Wow, i got into my firm!!!!!
Wow, i got into my firm!!!!!

There you go - problem solved. Well done!
Reply 16
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
There you go - problem solved. Well done!

I got into my firm too, so I shouldn't have worried!
Original post by thatgr
I got into my firm too, so I shouldn't have worried!

The trick is to work out what is worth worrying about and what isn't, but that is easier said than done...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending