The Student Room Group

prep for a-levels?

Is it worth looking at stuff that is to do with the a-levels i have chosen?For example we sat biology in yr 10 and i haven't looked at that stuff since so as i have chosen biology for a-levels should i be recapping or not?
Reply 1
I would definitely think about it because A Levels tend to build on the material you already know.
A levels are completely different to gcse and the jump is ridiculous, but definitely recap and read around the topic. Start wider reading early!!!
Original post by vlb206
I would definitely think about it because A Levels tend to build on the material you already know.

thankyou:smile:
Original post by meghan.sp
A levels are completely different to gcse and the jump is ridiculous, but definitely recap and read around the topic. Start wider reading early!!!

thanks could you suggest anything that i could do to perhaps prepare me for the jump?
Reply 5
Good idea
Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b
thanks could you suggest anything that i could do to perhaps prepare me for the jump?

Not much you can do to prepare besides just read around your subjects. What have you chosen, besides biology? The best advice I can offer is revise all the way through. Teachers and other people will tell you to do this all the time and if you're like me you'll ignore them. Don't do that. There is so much to learn and it's best to go over everything, not even in detail, as much as you can

Quick Reply

Latest