The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiehaddad
Do teachers know our grades yet? My teacher just sent me links to clearing and now I'm nervous....!

They know your grades but not your UCAS status - they might have sent that to everyone
I had a dream the other night that I got AAAB. Here's hoping? (Although silly as it sounds, I would much prefer straight A's) 🙄😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm waiting for my GCSEs and I just feel so nervous for you guys! I really hope it's a good day for you guys!! Best of luck :smile:

Btw does anyone else feel like taking a dump when they're nervous or constantly farts?😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7243
@PQ do we get extra points for the origami if we turn our results sheat into a paper airplane and fly it away :lol:

This wait will be boring.
Original post by xxvine
Does anyone know if SOAS are lenient through clearing?

Not sure, but I hope so! Looking at some courses there. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
me every time i think about logging onto track tomorrow

I hate playing the waiting game. Makes me more anxious. I am not sure if I should stay up until 12 am to see the email from Uni or if I should wait until 9:15am to get the results.
Original post by Aph
@PQ do we get extra points for the origami if we turn our results sheat into a paper airplane and fly it away :lol:

This wait will be boring.

Extra points for:

types of food
pokemon
cute kitten pictures
Can anyone recommend any good TV shows I can watch for the next 10 hours?
I need something to distract me from thinking about my impending doom
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SHINee1998
I hate playing the waiting game. Makes me more anxious. I am not sure if I should stay up until 12 am to see the email from Uni or if I should wait until 9:15am to get the results.

Sleep and wait, you'll feel better for it.
im sure you cant view examiner's reports until the year later?
Original post by PQ
There are clearing places for medicine - they're not usually advertised (http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing is the exception).

The places are usually filled up from waiting lists/reserve lists of applicants who applied and where interviewed but didn't get an offer (but were near the top of the shortlist for offers) AND who also didn't get an offer from any of their other medicine choices. The people on those shortlists will usually have been notified before results day.

It's not unknown for applicants to get into medicine through clearing at a university that they didn't initially apply to (a number of years ago someone from TSR went to a clearing open day fro Dundee because they wanted to apply for medicine the following year - they had their grades, mentioned it at the open day and they were able to make them an offer for medicine that year) it is extremely unusual though.

Ah I see. Could you then quickly clarify 2 things:

1. If I exceed my offer and use adjustment and call unis but receive no offers, is my original offer still viable?

2. If another uni offers me a place via adjustment, is my firm then automatically void even if I don't accept it?

Thank you ever so much for your help
Is it possible for a uni to email you saying they've accepted you before you see it on track?
Reply 7254
Original post by PQ
Extra points for:

types of food
pokemon
cute kitten pictures

You want an origami kitten/picachu?!

Well cats are considered food in some places...
Original post by Louise12307
I had a dream the other night that I got AAAB. Here's hoping? (Although silly as it sounds, I would much prefer straight A's) 🙄😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you AS? If so that's what I got for AS too (but with an extra C too lol) - it got better when it came to A2 so don't worry they would be good grades!

Good luck
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Can anyone recommend any good TV shows I can watch for the next 10 hours?
I need something to distract me from thinking about my impending doom

if you haven't watched already/if you have netflix, i'd say watch orange is the new black.

a) it's a fantastic well written show with brilliant characters/plot

b) it's so addictive that you will literally not be able to stop watching so these next 10 hours could go by in a breeze lol

if not that then Sherlock, American Horror Story, Friends, or maybe the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies would be good if you're into that!!
Good luck you guys - you will get through this and their is light on the other side :smile:
Original post by popo111
Ah I see. Could you then quickly clarify 2 things:

1. If I exceed my offer and use adjustment and call unis but receive no offers, is my original offer still viable?

2. If another uni offers me a place via adjustment, is my firm then automatically void even if I don't accept it?

Thank you ever so much for your help

In either case your firm would still stand

The only thing to be careful about with adjustment is that it is up to the university you adjust to to "fish" you out of adjustment...so if you speak to them on the phone and they make you an offer and you aren't CLEAR that you want to think about it and get back to them then they *could* misunderstand, think you've accepted and take you away from your firm. It's happened in the past, it IS reversible but it's obviously a stressful situation to get into so be nice and clear on the phone. Always finish a phone call with something like "just to be clear - you're making me an offer but I'd like to think about it before deciding whether to accept or not. I will get back to you by 5pm today (or 9am tomorrow or whenever you're happy) if I'd like to accept your offer and adjust to your university".
Original post by thevamps99xo
I'm getting AS results tomorrow, but school have said that they're not giving them out until 9am. A2 students are getting theirs at 8!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not getting mine until 2! 😭😓😳

Quick Reply

Latest