The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moonandstars
well strangely enough I spoke to someone else who was an external candidate and she told me that she was given provisional marks for both! So I've emailed the college I submitted mine to and asked for some :smile:

I hope you manage to get some. It's kind of unpleasant to not have any idea at all, even if it is only for a little while until results day. I had to sign up with a distance learning provider in order to get my coursework moderated. I don't think the tutors are allowed to give provisional marks though, because all mine would say is "It meets the mark scheme as far as I can see". Which could mean anything from meeting the top criteria to meeting the bottom criteria lol

I will wait.:colonhash:
Original post by MrSheeple
No...I did AS and A2 in one go, so I don't know the results for either piece of coursework. Or AS exams. I'm also an external candidate, so I don't have a teacher to give me a rough mark for it...It's driving me nuts actually.:s-smilie:

Im an external candidate too! Go us! I know what you mean about going nuts, Good luck :smile:
What was the answer for the nitrogen one?
Reply 1223
i wrote denitrifying bacteria releases enzymes that convert nitrogen into ammonia, then to nitrate ions. Then i wrote that nitrogen becomes reduced.
I am ial student, just did the paper ytd. Do you think whether I can write 'no' ions enter neurones due to inhibition or blocking of channel protein instead of 'less' ions?
do you guys know the result of your coursework?

No one will until results day, unless your teachers marked it, told you and it is not being moderated.
I'm pretty sure the actin filament does shorten?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I'm pretty sure the actin filament does shorten?? :s-smilie:

None of the myofibrils actually shorten, they just slide over one another which shortens the sarcomere. H zone and I band are the specific bits of sarcomere that shorten.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moleyeyes
None of the myofibrils actually shorten, they just slide over one another which shortens the sarcomere. H zone and I band are the specific bits that shorten.

Oh okay but isn't the I band made up of actin filaments?? I was so torn between putting the actin filaments or the H zones.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Oh okay but isn't the I band made up of actin filaments?? I was so torn between putting the actin filaments or the H zones.

Just move and hope for the best, thinking about the exam and what you could and should've done won't help.
Original post by HoldtheDoor
Just move and hope for the best, thinking about the exam and what you could and should've done won't help.

Yeah you're right!!:smile:
Bump - predictions on grade boundaries for this and unit 4? Similar to last year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Exactly my thoughts plus the RER wasn't this zoomed in and so it was not clear. Also the way it was printed was messed up.Having said that I don't feel its people's fault who did jan 2014 ial paper coz it can just be a coincidence as our teacher clearly asked us to try the international ones coz they share almost all of our spec.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone let me know about retaking please ?!
Have you guys seen that the grade boundaries are out image.png
Have you guys seen that the grade boundaries are out image.png

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Either we've all done real bad or they feel sorry for giving us a horrible Unit 4 paper. Maybe both :colondollar:
Reply 1237
Original post by priceyyy27
Can anyone let me know about retaking please ?!

what do you want to know?
Original post by rory58824
Either we've all done real bad or they feel sorry for giving us a horrible Unit 4 paper. Maybe both :colondollar:

Would say both was an awful paper. Wanted boundaries even lower though but was pleased they were lowered quite a bit. Good luck
Original post by TraceyE
Would say both was an awful paper. Wanted boundaries even lower though but was pleased they were lowered quite a bit. Good luck

Best of luck to you too & I hope you get the grades you need!

Quick Reply

Latest