The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluefire66
is anyone going to look at ucas track to see if they got into uni before they get their results? I really don't know what to do:s-smilie:

I'll be doing that
Original post by sophiehaddad
Do teachers know our grades yet? My teacher just sent me links to clearing and now I'm nervous....!

Don't worry about it your teacher probably sent it to everyone. Also, I know this is really random but are you Lebanese lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anyone going to look at ucas track to see if they got into uni before they get their results? I really don't know what to do:s-smilie:

I am. I don't get results from my college emailed to me until 10-10:30am so I think I'm gonna look at track first but I keep going back and forth on what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDKGames
Maths at Loughborough.

Ooooh fellow Mathematician wooo, tbh i'd share your worry because Maths is like never on clearing or anything but it would depend what your B is in I guess, i'd have thought they would accept A*A*B because everyone can slip up here and there and it's evident you're damn good at the other 2 subjects!
Original post by fldem
When track updates, what will it actually say in any circumstance? I don't even know what I'm looking for.

It will either say "Congratulations, your place a X university has been confirmed", "You are in clearing", " A university has offered you an unconditional place with changes to your original choice" or if they haven't made a decision or confirmed it to ucas in time it will say you have replied to your offers and are holding at least one conditional place or something like that.
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
You can't access them until May 2017 but your teacher can access them tomorrow

on second thoughts, I found them!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-YN4_YfkBkVcFNPVjJ3OHVmYUE

That's my BBB confirmed then. Damn.

Be brave and look at track that way your more prepared. At least that's what I'm doing anyway.
This is the worst feeling ever.

Yeah I'm defo looking at UCAS first. Imagine getting your results first and freaking out because you didn't meet your offer but your firm has actually accepted you lol. It just makes everything easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody else's heart racing?
Reading the sociology aqa examiner reports and realising how much you missed out....oh well can't change it now! On a side note, what would people recommend taking to results day with them?
Original post by target21859
Is anybody else's heart racing?

Yes, uncontrollably 😕😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Christop
I just heard that a few hundred students got their results early because of a computer error, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the BBC website about it, at least so far.

Yeah, I gave 2 friends who got an email from reading saying they were in yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swifty139
Ooooh fellow Mathematician wooo, tbh i'd share your worry because Maths is like never on clearing or anything but it would depend what your B is in I guess, i'd have thought they would accept A*A*B because everyone can slip up here and there and it's evident you're damn good at the other 2 subjects!

Lol that B would be in Further Maths but the A* in Maths. Which is why I'm worried! Exams for FM were absolutely horrible this year to me. Got A's throughout the past papers but not this year. :frown:
Original post by claireestelle
No ones heard much earlier than 7 30 for the past few years. Just try and get yourself some sleep and maybe set an alarm for 7 :smile:

Original post by bdotjelly
Ucas always say 8o'clock but others last year accessed Track at like 7:30am last year.

UCAS updates their site earlier as a precautionary measure because if they put it at 8, everyone will be checking at 8 and the site might crash which would be disastrous
So they put it up before but tell you 8 o'clock just so the site doesn't crash due to increased traffic

Oh right, I didn't realise we would be able to access it earlier anyway. Thanks, guys.
Original post by RDKGames
Lol that B would be in Further Maths but the A* in Maths. Which is why I'm worried! Exams for FM were absolutely horrible this year to me. Got A's throughout the past papers but not this year. :frown:

Ah, was FM part of the offer and asked for as an A? If not the fact you're doing FM is really good and I think you could argue your case. Edexcel by any chance because I found the papers not as easy as the grade boundaries are reflecting :PI need A*AA and I think i've got it but I did STEP just in case as a back up so just waiting for that, I share your anxiety dw :P
I cant believe how high the grade boundaries are for OCR! I just hope it goes well tomorrow, good luck everyone X
Track was up quite early last year. Looking before you go and collect your results at least allows you to prepare emotionally. Good luck to all.
Original post by smegsxo
Reading the sociology aqa examiner reports and realising how much you missed out....oh well can't change it now! On a side note, what would people recommend taking to results day with them?

How have you read the examiners report? They aren't/shouldn't be out till next April/May when the June '16 papers are released for public viewing
Original post by JMACM98
Of course, I'm just talking about the people who are talking about "failing" when they know some people are actually in that position

Oh right! Sorry for the misunderstanding :smile: good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest