The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BobSausage
I'm almost scared now, which for someone like me who normally doesn't worry about anything is scary.:s-smilie:

I just keep telling myself that there's nothing I can do now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
that was old spec so isn't relevant
the highest i've seen it on the current spec is 169, and i can't see it going higher than that, calculator seemed easy enough but non calculator had a few nonstandard questions towards the end

(do take this with a pinch of salt bc i did my maths gcse last year and am going off opinions of friends as well as my own after seeing the papers)

My teacher said it's going to be around 170 but we could get lucky. It was only so low last year because their papers were worse. Ours weren't bad at all, only a couple of harder questions in non calculator.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I think 176 was the old specification. With the new specification the highest grade was 165 and tbf that paper was super easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon it will reach 170 as the paper was easier than it could of been.
Original post by BobSausage
I'm almost scared now, which for someone like me who normally doesn't worry about anything is scary.:s-smilie:

Don't be scared :smile: it's going to be okay
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I reckon it will reach 170 as the paper was easier than it could of been.

Aha that's what I thought after the exam but have you seen the 2013 or 2014 paper? Forgot which one it was. I did it for 'fun' lol and managed to get 100/100 in the non calc and 98/100 in the calc in just 50 mins. It was super easy compared to our exam and the GB was 165 for an A*.
So worried because I feel like I either scraped an A* or I'm a mark or two off😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha that's what I thought after the exam but have you seen the 2013 or 2014 paper? Forgot which one it was. I did it for 'fun' lol and managed to get 100/100 in the non calc and 98/100 in the calc in just 50 mins. It was super easy compared to our exam and the GB was 165 for an A*.
So worried because I feel like I either scraped an A* or I'm a mark or two off😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks, I can't see myself getting anything but an A* because I've worked so hard and got A* on the mocks
any grade boundary predictions for aqa triple science??
would do a lot to settle my mind. Thx
Original post by gaary kasparov

No idea. I'm hoping quite low.
Original post by ExoIceCream99
That sucks, I can't see myself getting anything but an A* because I've worked so hard and got A* on the mocks

I got A* in the mocks and really want an A* in the real thing! Normally I finish half an hour before the time ends but the actual exam I was super slow so lost quite a few marks by not having time to fully answer them. I love maths and need an A* for further maths aha.
Maybe should've done more past papers ahaha. I only did 1 past paper for the non calc and none for the calc paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got A* in the mocks and really want an A* in the real thing! Normally I finish half an hour before the time ends but the actual exam I was super slow so lost quite a few marks by not having time to fully answer them. I love maths and need an A* for further maths aha.
Maybe should've done more past papers ahaha. I only did 1 past paper for the non calc and none for the calc paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh I hope you get an A*!

Hey, there's a thread here. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4250778. Someone's taken old ones and based their predictions. Its the closest we've got until next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1631

I pray they are low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost down to 1 week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Almost down to 1 week

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is mental isn't it? Feels like just yesterday I finished my last exam..
This time next week I'm not going to know what to do with myself 😬. The tension
GCSE's feels so irrelevant rn, been looking at A levels so much
Hey guys! New here. Just joined a second ago ahah.
Urm im so scared abt my gcse results to the point where it's making me feel sick. So worried about maths, i do edexcel. I marked my paper harshly i got 128/200. I think generously i could get around 130-135. Hoping thats an A so bad. If i dont get an A im gna let so many people down. My parents, myself, my school maths teacher and my maths tutor. My dad paid 1000s of pounds on tuition and everyone thinks ill get an A*:frown: but idek if im going to get an A im so terrified i want to cry
Original post by ghost9876
Hey guys! New here. Just joined a second ago ahah.
Urm im so scared abt my gcse results to the point where it's making me feel sick. So worried about maths, i do edexcel. I marked my paper harshly i got 128/200. I think generously i could get around 130-135. Hoping thats an A so bad. If i dont get an A im gna let so many people down. My parents, myself, my school maths teacher and my maths tutor. My dad paid 1000s of pounds on tuition and everyone thinks ill get an A*:frown: but idek if im going to get an A im so terrified i want to cry

the more nervous you are the more you're marking yourself down/lowering expectations. I'm feeling exactly the same way. At the end of the day what you get is what you get, and you clearly worked hard and tried your'e best, if your parents are angry (which they wont be) then they need a rethink. Remember you can always apply for a remark or resit
Any other soon-to-be year 12 students been studying a bit of AS already?
Thanks i know but i made quite a few stupid mistakes on the paper like writing the wrong answer but having the correct working i could have easily got 140-150 but yh i think im just worried mainly abt my parents since my dad paid so much money for a maths tutor so me getting a B is pretty damn ****! But thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Latest