The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lander_q
So if you get rejected from both firm and insurance is there any point ringing any of them for clearing or waste of time?

That could be a waste of time unless you re getting a priority remark.
Original post by PensAndPaper
I got ABB in psychology, bio and chem last year

I retook this year because i wanted to get into London unis, I never applied last year because I really wasn't sure on what I wanted to do.
So if I have retaken them and didn't improve and also therefore won't have met their entry requirements.

How will clearing look at me if I didn't improve -_- and want to go to Queens as clearing offer AAB
will it be different acceptance for me because i retook and did not improve ? theoretically

also to study biomedical science

Having a gap year probably won't change their requirements but it depends how feel they about resits.
How long does it take for your firm/insurance to release you to enter clearing?
Original post by claireestelle

Hi what if the uni has lowered its grades in clearing ?

Hi what if they've lowered in clearing
Original post by kkboyk
How long does it take for your firm/insurance to release you to enter clearing?

Depends on the uni, but it can be a few hours or for some people it might take a day or two, ucas excepts choices to be final so I don't think there's an expectation of it being done in a set time.
Original post by Lander_q
Hi what if they've lowered in clearing

Then if you met those grades there's a possibility they would have accepted you anyway as its better to accept a firm/insurance applicant than have to find someone through clearing.
Depends on the uni, but it can be a few hours or for some people it might take a day or two, ucas excepts choices to be final so I don't think there's an expectation of it being done in a set time.

After calling to be released, can we still call other unis for clearing despite not being released yet?
Hi, do any unis accept candidates that do not apply through UCAS and directly call the university in the clearing process?
Original post by kkboyk
After calling to be released, can we still call other unis for clearing despite not being released yet?

Most would refuse to talk to you, ucas don't allow it really. Also clearing offers might only be valid for 24 hours so even if they did give you one, you might not meet the deadline to add it.
If you have been declined from your firm, can you apply for a different course at that university through clearing? For example applying for chem in UCL originally but not getting the marks so applying for physics at UCL in clearing
Original post by April1997
If you have been declined from your firm, can you apply for a different course at that university through clearing? For example applying for chem in UCL originally but not getting the marks so applying for physics at UCL in clearing

If it's a very different course then there's nothing stopping you from trying, it d be a good idea to have a new ps ready though.
Excellent thread btw :h:

Have you had any demanding parents?*
Original post by thechineeseone
Hi, do any unis accept candidates that do not apply through UCAS and directly call the university in the clearing process?

You might get into through a record of prior acceptance so you can try I suppose.
Most would refuse to talk to you, ucas don't allow it really. Also clearing offers might only be valid for 24 hours so even if they did give you one, you might not meet the deadline to add it.

Oh okay thanks :tongue:
If it's a very different course then there's nothing stopping you from trying, it d be a good idea to have a new ps ready though.

What if the courses are very similar? Like applying for forensic psychology but applying for psychology in clearing
What if the courses are very similar? Like applying for forensic psychology but applying for psychology in clearing

Then unless the entry requirements were lower than your offer, I wouldn't bother. They would have offered you an alternative if available as an unconditional course change through track in most cases.
Hi could you clarify what you mean by prior acceptance?

Unlikely. Most universities would already have considered you for related courses before rejecting you.
Then unless the entry requirements were lower than your offer, I wouldn't bother. They would have offered you an alternative if available as an unconditional course change through track in most cases.

Okay thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending