The Student Room Group

Most lenient universities for medicine?

Anyone knw of the most leanient medicine schools, in regards to letting people in who have not quite met te grads
Original post by mass_
Anyone knw of the most leanient medicine schools, in regards to letting people in who have not quite met te grads

I think it is safe to say that most medical schools are not particularly lenient on their grades due to them having many more offer holders than places and having a waiting list which they can often pick and choose from.

Saying this now, every year people are allowed into the medical schools with lower grades than the requirements, this is totally at the discression of the medical school and can depend on many factors such as:
1) the number of people who hold firm and conditional places at that university.
2) the number of people who miss their grades on results day.
3) how well you do at interview (as to whether they will consider you with lower grades).

it changes each year depending upon the med school so I honestly could not tell you.
Reply 2
Original post by Natalierm2707
I think it is safe to say that most medical schools are not particularly lenient on their grades due to them having many more offer holders than places and having a waiting list which they can often pick and choose from.

Saying this now, every year people are allowed into the medical schools with lower grades than the requirements, this is totally at the discression of the medical school and can depend on many factors such as:
1) the number of people who hold firm and conditional places at that university.
2) the number of people who miss their grades on results day.
3) how well you do at interview (as to whether they will consider you with lower grades).

it changes each year depending upon the med school so I honestly could not tell you.

Thank you :smile: are you a med student yourself? My fried got into medicine in keele with chemistry, history and georaphy alevel and subject wise i thought that was pretty lenient, so surely theyd consider someone who misses one of their grades by a grade with the classic maths, chem and bio? :smile:
Original post by mass_
Thank you :smile: are you a med student yourself? My fried got into medicine in keele with chemistry, history and georaphy alevel and subject wise i thought that was pretty lenient, so surely theyd consider someone who misses one of their grades by a grade with the classic maths, chem and bio? :smile:

Ah not necessarily there, you have no idea what keele value at all, that friend could have had a very good interview or something. The classic bio, chem and maths isnt very classic anymore, and its not favoured above anything else providing bio and chem are included.

I am a med student yes, im going into second year at cardiff!
Reply 4
Ah not necessarily there, you have no idea what keele value at all, that friend could have had a very good interview or something. The classic bio, chem and maths isnt very classic anymore, and its not favoured above anything else providing bio and chem are included.

I am a med student yes, im going into second year at cardiff!

Ah okay isee o its just based on the stats and what went on during interviews, placements etc thank you for your advice, im the account holders younger brother (16) and im getting my gcses next week just wanted some advice :3
Original post by mass_
Ah okay isee o its just based on the stats and what went on during interviews, placements etc thank you for your advice, im the account holders younger brother (16) and im getting my gcses next week just wanted some advice :3

Good luck to you and your brother! My sister is also awaiting GCSE results next week. Hope it all goes well for you both.
Reply 6
Good luck to you and your brother! My sister is also awaiting GCSE results next week. Hope it all goes well for you both.

Also well done of course for entering Cardiff for such an amazing course. sory to be nosy but what as levels and alevels did you get :smile: thanks !
Original post by mass_
Also well done of course for entering Cardiff for such an amazing course. sory to be nosy but what as levels and alevels did you get :smile: thanks !

I wouldnt call it nosey at all, just curious (and trust me when it comes to being nosey im your girl haha).
I got A*AAb at alevel in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and maths respectively.

Thank you very much, really hoping it all works out for your brother!
Reply 8
I wouldnt call it nosey at all, just curious (and trust me when it comes to being nosey im your girl haha).
I got A*AAb at alevel in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and maths respectively.

Thank you very much, really hoping it all works out for your brother!

Those are really good grades there! what were your as results as (account holders brother) and wondering what as levels to get for next year other tha that of trying my best! and good luck for your second year ! xD im sure you dont need it though
Original post by mass_
Those are really good grades there! what were your as results as (account holders brother) and wondering what as levels to get for next year other tha that of trying my best! and good luck for your second year ! xD im sure you dont need it though

My AS results were AAAB with the B in maths, thats the one I dropped.

My advice is just aim for as high as you can go! set your goals but not your limits!
Reply 10
My AS results were AAAB with the B in maths, thats the one I dropped.

My advice is just aim for as high as you can go! set your goals but not your limits!

I see, hopefully i'll be able to do as well as you and I think we're taking pretty similar subjects too the exception being history instead of geography! I'm really not sure about maths as in year 10 i was entered for the foundation maths and that kind of threw my confidence off but in year 11 i did the higher paper and am awaiting the results, by the end and near exam time i was able to score an a* in maths but for some reason i think i probably havent got an a* eventhough i felt the papers wet real well

Quick Reply

Latest