The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's not because of money i just need to live on my own bc my parents are quite abusive and I need to get out :redface:

Listen to me sweetheart you can't do this because once you do it there's no turning back. Think about what your contemplating here, this is effectively prostitution. Please, please don't do this to yourself you will feel so ****ing small after doing it. This guy is obviously a creep, do you really want to become some creeps whore? Don't do it please.
So this guy lives in an apartment by himself. A really lush apartment in an expensive side of London. I'd love to move out but can't afford London prices. This guy has an offer, sex in place of rent. I wouldn't have to pay rent or bills, all I have to do is have sex with him...

Is this a bad idea? A part of me is okay with that but I don't know...
What do you guys think?

These sorts of arrangements are not uncommon in London.

Its one thing in change for another.

Do you know the guy?

There are several things to be wary of.
1. You dont know him. he might be what he says or he might be nasty. get his work details and verufy him.
2. Hes in a position of power and can manipulate you otherwise you are out on the street. theres sex and then theres sex. It sounds unstable and could end at any moment.
3. Could you cope with it mentally. Normal sex might be manageable, but it could also really mess you up.

I wouldnt for the above reasons, plus a bit like prostitution, but your choice. Just be as safe as you can and think it through. I would say no.
Original post by RDKGames
or win :wink:

Guys, stop messing around here this girl needs some serious bloody guidance. For real! :colonhash:
Reply 23
Honestly, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

How would you stop him from demanding sex from you, and eventually raping you because he sees it as being part of "the deal"?

Although I can't really be of too much help as your background (i.e. abusive parents) is something I've never experienced, so I don't know how far this goes and how desperate you are to move out.

But I do hope you find another way and don't lead yourself down the route of extreme desperation!
Original post by Harold Godwinson
Listen to me sweetheart you can't do this because once you do it there's no turning back. Think about what your contemplating here, this is effectively prostitution. Please, please don't do this to yourself you will feel so ****ing small after doing it. This guy is obviously a creep, do you really want to become some creeps whore? Don't do it please.

I don't know how else I can afford to leave home cuz london is so expensive :frown:
Please can you stop derailing the thread, take it elsewhere.
Original post by RDKGames
Perhaps that. But low self-esteem is what one of my close friends have experienced the last few years after she was raped by her own 'boyfriend' back then. Not saying in this case it's rape if she consents verbally but low self-esteem and submission seem to go hand-in-hand from what I've seen, and that just makes me upset. :frown:

Aw this guy :hugs: you're a good guy :smile:
I don't know how else I can afford to leave home cuz london is so expensive :frown:

Move somewhere cheaper and reeeeeally far away from this guy

Do you really, absolutely have to leave home? Can't you reconcile with your parents?
I find the idea of that so repulsive.

No, don't.

How old are you out of curiosity? It would help us get a clearer picture of what's at play here.
Reply 31
Siiigh I wish there were good looking women who offered this deal to me :frown:
not really :redface:

He's just a busy person who doesn't have time for relationships

It would be safe sex ofcourse. That's true I'm scared he could kick me out at any point...
I've never done anything like this so I wouldn't know how it would affect me :redface:

He's a friend of a friend but I don't know him too well :\

Is he attractive ?
I mean if he is, it's not a bad trade tbf...
Most guys who aren't athletic, charismatic and classically goodlooking have transactional sex. What he's offering really isn't that shocking.
Ask him if he'd be happy getting a proper contract drawn up.
It's not because of money i just need to live on my own bc my parents are quite abusive and I need to get out :redface:

Swapping one abusive environment for another isn't a good idea..
Reply 36
So all you have to do is have a no self respect.
Reply 37
Look..

Firstly what is the sense in jumping from one fire into another. A guy who offers this arrangement, he sees your vulnerability and is exploiting it. It's not respect or Pretty Woman. The reality is that if a guy objectifies and exploits you to this extent, he probably doesn't care about when you're too tired to have sex.

This isn't and won't be like friends with benefits. Your entire sense of safety (and I don't put that lightly, having a home/roof over head is a significant factor in feeling safe, in having a more stable mental health. And statistically, even coming from a bad home has a better outlook than homelessness) ..so your entire sense of safety and wellbeing is locked up in whether he decides you can stay when you say no to sex. Which effectively means you can never truly consent. It's not real consent when there are consequences to saying no.

And if that isn't enough to dissuade you. I've done this. Out of necessity because I was actually homeless and even with that incentive - bench or bed - it wasn't a pleasant experience. It's not gonna be diary of a London call girl. It's going to be sweaty, awkward, dehumanising and really the flat and the location will mean feck all to you when he is asking you to do a sexual act you're not comfortable with, hate or physically hurts. And when you try to say no or otherwise indicate you're not into it, he sends a whole bunch of verbal abuse at you about what a piece of *** you are and how you knew it was the agreement.

You're putting your life at risk. For what? There are ways into housing that are way less risky
Posted from TSR Mobile
Why tsrians against this? What happened to a woman being able to choose what she want to do with her own body?
On a more serious note,I wouldnt do it.
(edited 7 years ago)
So this guy lives in an apartment by himself. A really lush apartment in an expensive side of London. I'd love to move out but can't afford London prices. This guy has an offer, sex in place of rent. I wouldn't have to pay rent or bills, all I have to do is have sex with him...

Is this a bad idea? A part of me is okay with that but I don't know...
What do you guys think?

You have sex with him once and live with him forever?

You have sex with him once a month and live with him until he says otherwise?

You have sex with him whenever he demands it? 3x a day?

You're gonna need to be a little more detail orientated if you want helpful opinions

Latest

Trending

Trending