The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hoafanuk
AS so obviously not as important but still quite nervous, you? x

AS aswell
Not looking forward to next year as I am still unsure what to do at Uni
I'm probably going to drink a different liquid rhyming with speech.
Original post by strawberry06
AS aswell
Not looking forward to next year as I am still unsure what to do at Uni

What subjects do you do/getting results for?
Good luck to everyone!!!!! I only have vague memories of my A level results day, and I thought I'd make a reflection on it 5 years later in a bittersweet sort of way. I hope it helps you in some way!

[video="youtube;CcboEOIS7qw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcboEOIS7qw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Reply 7544
Original post by emiloujess
I'm so scared, so much could go wrong for me tomorrow because I'm voluntarily going through Clearing to change course and university :frown:

- Track might not update
- My firm/insurance might not have released me like I asked them to
- I might not get the grades
- BU might not like me enough to accept me

So stressed.

So you really liked BU today more than Cardiff today then?
Is the Ucas Track system automated or do they personally review each grade and determine whether they'll accept you? I'd like to think the latter since I want my personal statement to be taken into account if I say, for example miss my required grades by one grade. That would suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7546
Original post by Shamzy25
Is the Ucas Track system automated or do they personally review each grade and determine whether they'll accept you? I'd like to think the latter since I want my personal statement to be taken into account if I say, for example miss my required grades by one grade. That would suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the unis all reveiw it by hand.
Reply 7547
Original post by Flying Cookie
Good luck to everyone!!!!! I only have vague memories of my A level results day, and I thought I'd make a reflection on it 5 years later in a bittersweet sort of way. I hope it helps you in some way!

[video="youtube;CcboEOIS7qw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcboEOIS7qw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

why firm sheffield but insure imperial? how does that work?
Original post by Flying Cookie

what's your ethnicity :smile:
Original post by Aph
Yeah, the unis all reveiw it by hand.

You made me feel a whole lot better, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yua
why firm sheffield but insure imperial? how does that work?

I firmed Essex and Insured QMU, don't sell yourself for Russell group uni's, it's also about whether you'll enjoy your experience at this Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
So you really liked BU today more than Cardiff today then?

Definitely :smile: The course was amazing and the place... eeeeek <3
Reply 7552
Original post by Shamzy25
I firmed Essex and Insured QMU, don't sell yourself for Russell group uni's, it's also about whether you'll enjoy your experience at this Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

the difference between sheff and imperial is much larger than that of essex and queen mary
Happy results day guys! Good luck everyone!😌
Reply 7554
Original post by emiloujess
Definitely :smile: The course was amazing and the place... eeeeek <3

Ahhh that's good :smile: good luck!!! I just hope that they don't reject you!!!
Just found out you need to be released from insurance uni's to go into clearing, so im ****ed :smile:
Original post by Yua
the difference between sheff and imperial is much larger than that of essex and queen mary

Yeah I know, a friend of mine went to imperial for a year and dropped out. He said it was quote: "killing him"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any group chat guys? I'm really feeling down ;(
Original post by siyavash.4812
Any group chat guys? I'm really feeling down ;(

I have a Whatsapp group chat running right now- message me your number and I'll add you in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7559
Original post by Will2610
Just found out you need to be released from insurance uni's to go into clearing, so im ****ed :smile:

you can still look for places and ask unis if they'll accept you before you reject your insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest