The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!
Original post by Aph
Lucky!!!
We have to go in, sit down endure 15 minutes of speaches from the head ect. Check in the hall and then tell the school where we are going next year. So I have no option but to stick around.
Ha, it's mainly because there are only about four teachers who come in on results day because most of mine live two or more hours away (rural school) so all of them are on the desk with the slips, hand them to people and that's it.
anyone got any experience with maths/physics remarks - I am super scared the paper will be marked awfully and I'll miss my uni place - does this happen often for the sciencey(less subjective) subjects?
Original post by Polyrogue
Wait, people have actual results days like in GCSE? Ours is just check up online, so the second I wake up next, I grab my phone and get closure finally.

Most exam boards have no online access for results in terms of pupil access, the majority of us have to collect them like the peasants in GCSE.
Reply 7604
Original post by WeslshStudent101
Ha, it's mainly because there are only about four teachers who come in on results day because most of mine live two or more hours away (rural school) so all of them are on the desk with the slips, hand them to people and that's it.

Ahhh, yeah basically all heads of sixth form leaders, the head and A-level teachers come in.
Original post by WeslshStudent101
Most exam boards have no online access for results in terms of pupil access, the majority of us have to collect them like the peasants in GCSE.

A lot of schools will manually put the grades on their college/school portals for students to log in and see them, this is becoming more common now. I think actually going into get them is so stressful.
Original post by Natalierm2707
A lot of schools will manually put the grades on their college/school portals for students to log in and see them, this is becoming more common now. I think actually going into get them is so stressful.
Ahh I see, my school's website is absolutely abysmal and out dated so that's probably why they don't do it.
Can't sleep
Good luck everyone
Original post by AthiaKarim
Good luck everyone!

Thanks. Same to you. Can't sleep don't know if it's because I haven't put my phone down or I'm just too anxious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10Fatanda
Thanks. Same to you. Can't sleep don't know if it's because I haven't put my phone down or I'm just too anxious.

Your not alone I feel like that too my head is pounding with stress I'm dreading see your in clearing message online as soon as I log into track the morning
Will track update at 8:00 or is there a chance it will be delayed?. I really want to check track before I go in but my college opens at 8.
[QUOTE="lalacope;67014236"]

Your not alone I feel like that too my head is pounding with stress I'm dreading see your in clearing message online as soon as I log into track the morning

Hopefully you won't. Hard work pays off so if we really put the work in should get the grades to prove it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7613
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Will track update at 8:00 or is there a chance it will be delayed?. I really want to check track before I go in but my college opens at 8.

IT should open about 7:30-7:45
[QUOTE="10Fatanda;67014246"]
Original post by lalacope

Hopefully you won't. Hard work pays off so if we really put the work in should get the grades to prove it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes your right I do believe that too but having looked at the grade boundaries and mark schemes I am just dreading it really want tomorrow to be over already tbh
[QUOTE="lalacope;67014254"]

Yes your right I do believe that too but having looked at the grade boundaries and mark schemes I am just dreading it really want tomorrow to be over already tbh

I'm gonna be honest I feel the same. Seeing mark schemes doesn't help me. Because all I remember after that is all I got wrong. Lowering my expectations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good fortune upon all tomorrow, and just remember how inconsequential these results are in the grand scheme of life. They will NOT define you as a person. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww bless you sweetie, don't worry it will go okay! Don't stress out, if you're tired put your phone down and get some sleep! You need rest for tomorrow, I got my alevel results like two years ago, I remember the day before nerves like it was yesterday.

I promise you're only stressing yourself out, take tonight easy, listen to some calming music and let tomorrow be! <3
[QUOTE="10Fatanda;67014262"]
Original post by lalacope

I'm gonna be honest I feel the same. Seeing mark schemes doesn't help me. Because all I remember after that is all I got wrong. Lowering my expectations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have seen a few wrong mark schemes so wait until the official ones are released.

Ps everyone else I can't sleep either :frown:
Reply 7619
Original post by Mr.bob
Good fortune upon all tomorrow, and just remember how inconsequential these results are in the grand scheme of life. They will NOT define you as a person. :smile:

Don't you mean today? It is half two in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest