The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
strange, i don't remember detailing a defence.

its probably an instinctive thing that all islamist sympathisers share. i doubt it will help you tho after all those websites youve visited are discovered
There is no problem, 436 people being arrested over 11 years is nothing, not to mention that very few of them are actual jihadists/terrorists, as opposed to people promoting terrorism

Its strange you're so preoccupied on the foreign religion and not the thousands of worse crimes committed every year by our own people

So I will just summarise your view on this by quoting you directly:

'There is no problem, 436 people being arrested over 11 years is nothing'.

These are terrorism charges, people were killed and those who weren't now lives in fear of more terrorist acts.

I usually don't expect much from anybody on TSR. But here we have somebody who tries to lecture us that the world is going to tear itself apart with so-called 'Islamic hate', and then saying that 436 terrorists over 11 years is 'nothing'.
Original post by CherishFreedom

These are terrorism charges, people were killed and those who weren't now lives in fear of more terrorist acts.

I usually don't expect much from anybody on TSR. But here we have somebody who tries to lecture us that the world is going to tear itself apart with so-called 'Islamic hate', and then saying that 436 terrorists over 11 years is 'nothing'.

this is the effect of indoctrination on the slow witted. terrorism is apologised for in the efforts to protect islamism from all critisism -is it any wonder then how the terrorist groups operate with near impunity i the islamic world ( save for intervension from the non muslim world)
Personal insults because argument has run dry lol

and yes, I think you will be perfectly fine if you go to Turkey, unless you do what I predict you will do and you go around hating Islam in front of everyone

Your way of "winning" arguments: talk complete garbage, feign memory loss, hypocrisy.

Repeat the above til you have exasperated the other person who then proceeds to "insult you" (not your arguments, mind, but you) and then you can say "well I won't talk to someone insulting me".

Quite clever really.
Original post by inhuman
Your way of "winning" arguments: talk complete garbage, feign memory loss, hypocrisy.

Repeat the above til you have exasperated the other person who then proceeds to "insult you" (not your arguments, mind, but you) and then you can say "well I won't talk to someone insulting me".

Quite clever really.

Pretty much. The more I read into this the more my liberal radar ticks :colonhash:
Original post by CherishFreedom

Because they've been taught that the funny looks they might get for a few days after a terror attack are worse than what the victims themselves suffer.

That's why see more mosques condemning racist attacks against Muslims than terror attacks committed by Muslims.

(Also, in what world can a person think promoting terror is fine??)
When religious hatred has the potential to radicalise these people, telling you to stop hating and start criticising is entirely warranted.

Do you realise this kind of projective potential fear and obsession with what might be literally is radicalisation and the same folly that has marred society again and again and again. You think that making the same type of mistake again racism or whatever you want that you see as a historic mistake some how fixes things and makes it ok. Sorry, that's just stupid.

If a Muslim turned to radicalism because I don't like his religion, that's his own failure, not mine. That's failing the selection criteria for being suitable for existing in society. What you're saying is no different to saying women should cover up to deter rapists. I'm sorry, these people should not exist in our society and if they do, let them come. I've no qualms about ending them when they do reveal themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Absolutely

And think about it - if everyone converted to Islam, there'd be no need for terrorism.

So Islam is the cure for terrorism!

Checkmate islamophobes

Well at least until they engage in sectarian massacring.....*
does it matter? both are condemned by the Quran, you probably can get away with kissing a man in Turkey, expect dirty looks from the locals, but you wont be thrown in prison lol

I didn't just say jail, I also said I'd get muslims "coming after me". I would then, wouldn't I? obviously
Original post by TheBBQ
There is no hate towards Islam that isn't justified. "Islamophobia" doesn't exist.

lol

Islamophobia is different from well informed criticism of Islam. The former refers to the irrational phobia of those who associate themselves with Islam, the latter is perfectly justified. When people become scared to sit next to a person wearing a headscarf on a bus, when people shoot ordinary Muslims outside mosques like they did in New York and when people feel they have a right to question your personal beliefs in public in order to humiliate you- that is Islamophobia.

It is so hard to be a Muslim nowadays, but let it be known that no matter how much hate the newspapers write and how much hate is then spewed out from the public, clearly the faith of Muslims is stronger.

Finally, you can't say Islamophobia doesn't exist until you know what it feels to experience any of the above and much worse. Ask your friends who are Muslim and try to understand is all I can say.
Also I find it strange how when a priest was stabbed in France, people went ballistic (rightfully so). But no one batted an eyelid when an Imam was stabbed outside a mosque in New York. Funny how things work like that
Humans usually 'hate' the thing that damages their country or neighbours. Wanting to suppress an emotion isn't healthy.

In a free society I should be able to hate what I please. Acting on that hate is where it crosses a line.
Original post by lahorizon
Also I find it strange how when a priest was stabbed in France, people went ballistic (rightfully so). But no one batted an eyelid when an Imam was stabbed outside a mosque in New York. Funny how things work like that

*Moron Alert*

No Imam was stabbed outside a mosque, you should ensure that you actually have a faint idea of what you are talking about before you post about things.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Humans usually 'hate' the thing that damages their country or neighbours. Wanting to suppress an emotion isn't healthy.

In a free society I should be able to hate what I please. Acting on that hate is where it crosses a line.

So just remove the free society and then one can do what ever one wishes.
Theres more to terrorism than meets the eye.

Imagine waking up kissing your wife and waking up the kids for school. Its a normal, happy day and everyone is happy. After breakfast with your family, you kiss your kids and wife goodbye as she takes them to school. 10 minutes after she leaves you hear a loud bang and everyone runs down the street screaming. You go outside shocked and run down the street only to find rubble and underneath it your dead wife and kids. A drone attack carried out by NATO forces killed everything you lived for. The local terrorists ask the community if they want to take revenge on the west for what they did. This is how 100s of people are radicalised. Its their circumstance. No one wants to go to war and kill people for fun cmon now.

9/11 killed 1000s of people but the war on terror has killed a million people in iraq, pakistan, yemen, afghanistan.

The media only gives you one side of the story. All humans want peace!
Original post by The_Opinion
*Moron Alert*

No Imam was stabbed outside a mosque, you should ensure that you actually have a faint idea of what you are talking about before you post about things.

I meant shot? It doesn't invalidate my argument so you can relax. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/queens-shooting-imam-among-two-shot-in-head-after-afternoon-prayer-at-new-york-mosque-a7189436.html

It does invalidate your point, if you cant even get such a simple yet key part of the story right, it shows that you are not well researched in the subject area.

Also, the murder of that Imam was not a terrorist attack, so it is not comparable to the church attack.
Original post by AperfectBalance
In all honesty both the bible and the quran have horrible passages in it, but this is not the point. look at nearly all "christian" countries and they are Tolerant they are mostly peaceful they do not hold everyone under their religion or try to, they accept different cultures and they are normally not very extreme, Christianity has reformed and society has progressed in the Western world. We have a pope who is one of the highest figureheads of Christianity accepting gays, being nice to refugees and accepting many people that the Muslim world would not dare accept.

The Islamic world is centuries behind us socially and it does not look like you will be catchin up any time soon.

http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pope-says-islamist-violence-syria-iraq-grave-sin-102554540.html

The Pope has also said the Koran and Holy Bible are the same, and then kissed the Koran.. he's also said Muslims and Christians are brothers and sisters. and also said it was wrong to react to terrorism by being enraged with Islam
sooo..... :aetsch::jebus::2euk48l::angelwings::bl:
Original post by SirKyrgystan
http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pope-says-islamist-violence-syria-iraq-grave-sin-102554540.htmlThe Pope has also said the Koran and Holy Bible are the same, and then kissed the Koran.. he's also said Muslims and Christians are brothers and sisters. and also said it was wrong to react to terrorism by being enraged with Islam sooo..... :aetsch::jebus::2euk48l::angelwings::bl:
What is your point? You have not addressed any of the issues raised by the poster you replied to.
Maybe if you would live in your native countries and leave us alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending