The Student Room Group

Please help me

I'm thinking about applying for Economics/Business Economics.
My predicted grade is AAB, but since I'm italian those are not subjects like y'alls math and further maths and such, AAB is just a grade compared to the italian one (90/100).
I was wondering what universities y'all would suggest me to apply to.
I heard there are a lot of unis that even if on the website it's written they want a predicted A*AA/AAA, in the conditional offer they would easly ask you a predicted AAA/AAB, is it true? What unis do that?
What universities are the best for Economics?
Please help me I'm so confused lol
Original post by Lucia-DA
I'm thinking about applying for Economics/Business Economics.
My predicted grade is AAB, but since I'm italian those are not subjects like y'alls math and further maths and such, AAB is just a grade compared to the italian one (90/100).
I was wondering what universities y'all would suggest me to apply to.
I heard there are a lot of unis that even if on the website it's written they want a predicted A*AA/AAA, in the conditional offer they would easly ask you a predicted AAA/AAB, is it true? What unis do that?
What universities are the best for Economics?
Please help me I'm so confused lol

Have you considered using the uni match tool? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
Have you considered using the uni match tool? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/

It doesnt work because it asks me to write the different subjects and i dont have any
Original post by Lucia-DA
It doesnt work because it asks me to write the different subjects and i dont have any

Then I would suggest that you:

- Up the league table for your desired subject (or UCAS search)
- From that point on, look at what universities would accept your qualifications

Do you have any universities in mind?
Reply 4
Original post by Slowbro93
Then I would suggest that you:

- Up the league table for your desired subject (or UCAS search)
- From that point on, look at what universities would accept your qualifications

Do you have any universities in mind?

I obviously would like to study at a top uni for economics, ive seen that some of the best are oxbridge, ucl, lse and warwick which are all A*AA and i will probably apply to one just to try, but i have also seen that another good uni is Manchester and it has AAB as a requirement which is really good for me.
The problem now is to find the other 3, and i was thinking of choosing one with AAA entry requirement and two with AAB/ABB.
Hi there Lucia-DA! :smile:

Congratulations on your fantastic predicted grades!

I think that your idea to apply for a mixture of universities with a variety of predicted grades is a good one. I was predicted A*AAA and I applied for universities with predicted grades of A*AA right through to ABB. It is always better to be safe than sorry and apply for universities with slightly lower grades than your expected grades just in case your exams don't quite go to plan or if the universities with the higher grades get full up, etc.

In terms of good Economics courses, I would highly recommend New College of the Humanities in London. Whilst I myself do not study Economics, my close friend does and we both study here. Your grades fit their entry requirements and the great thing about the Economics course at NCH is that it is taught through a mixture of one-to-one tutorials, seminars and lectures. Whilst NCH do look at your grades, they also invite you to interview and so look beyond just your grades and see how you are to teach, etc.

After speaking with my friend, other universities which may be of interest are:

University of Exeter - A*AA - AAB
Leeds University - AAA
University of Kent - AAB - BBB
University of East Anglia - AAB

You have plenty of doors open to you with your grades and so I would suggest looking into some of these universities so you have a good mixture of universities on your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending