The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Many people still accepted with those grades, IIRC

Especially since you are 16, you have a good chance...

I don't think so.

3 in STEP II? I wasn't even close to the 2. I can't believe this. And I also got a grade 2 in STEP I.

I have very good extenuating circumstances, but I think this is the end for me.

I am gonna check UCAS tomorrow and go to school so I can talk to my Principal and see what I will be doing the next year and how I would re-apply to Cambridge.

Probably gonna also stay up until 6am because no way I can fall asleep after this. It seems like a nightmare, I am not even sure what happened.
Original post by EnglishMuon
@Serine Soul 1 step closer to that sock monkey :wink: very lucky to get S1S literally just with the help of you people.

Congrats :smile:
Best of luck everyone! :goodluck::crossedf:

7 hours to go and I'm still debating if I should try to get some sleep or if should just go through the night watching Olympics and periodically calming my nerves with vodka :erm:
Original post by Insight314
I don't think so.

3 in STEP II? I wasn't even close to the 2. I can't believe this. And I also got a grade 2 in STEP I.

I am gonna check UCAS tomorrow and go to school so I can talk to my Principal and see what I will be doing the next year and how I would re-apply to Cambridge.

Probably gonna also stay up until 6am because no way I can fall asleep after this. It seems like a nightmare, I am not even sure what happened.

Try forget about it until UCAS Track updates
Original post by Insight314
I don't think so.

Insight, I won't pretend to understand how upsetting this is for you, I can only imagine. But please remember that you've accomplished something that nobody else here has done, doing GCSE A level and STEP in a year self teaching and not to mention receiving a maths offer from Cambridge in year 11. This clearly shows you're a very very bright and capable individual but they also thought you were mature enough for university at age 16 which is also a very positive quality. What you have accomplished and who you are you should be immensely proud of and the grades yes may not have been satisfactory for you but they don't define your ability or worth. You are two years younger you have plenty of opportunities ahead and also please don't continue caffeine tablet crazy studying for the next year whether you get in or not because that won't be any good for your health.. It will be even more upsetting to see you have to slow down on maths due to illness or something.. Again I'm so sorry to hear your results but I'm also wishing you all the best for track update and A level results tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you
Original post by Mathemagicien
Try forget about it until UCAS Track updates

I will try. I won't be able to sleep until 6am, when I will go to school and talk to my Principal to see what I will be doing the next year and how I will re-apply. Congratulations with your SSS, I bet you are ecstatic.

Original post by C0balt
X

Thank you, that means a lot to me.
Well I got a 3 in I which means I missed my insurance :P I won't be laughing about it in a few hours if everything else isn't in order though...
Got 1, 1, 1. Met the STEP part of my offer.
Original post by Zacken

Legit more excited for your results than my own
Original post by C0balt
Where's Duke btw

He got 1,2,1. Literally told him not to worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone. Don't panic.
Original post by physicsmaths
He got 1,2,1. Literally told him not to worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good good XD
Original post by Zacken

Congrats! Gl for A levels too
Original post by Duskstar
Well I got a 3 in I which means I missed my insurance :P I won't be laughing about it in a few hours if everything else isn't in order though...

Hahaha you'll be fine though, good luck today
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Good luck everyone. Don't panic.

Thank you, good luck to you too /can't remember if you sat exams this year...
Jesus. It's today. Oh my god. No. We can't go back. No. Omg.
Original post by C0balt
Jesus. It's today. Oh my god. No. We can't go back. No. Omg.

The moment after you wrote your name on the exam paper, you can not go back. So why worrying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
The moment after you wrote your name on the exam paper, you can not go back. So why worrying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The strong realisation hit me as soon as I checked my phone to see the time when I woke up
Original post by C0balt
The strong realisation hit me as soon as I checked my phone to see the time when I woke up

I have had like 3 hours of sleep I hope for love of god everything goes well for everyone cus I don't have the energy to cope with this stress anymore. Gl!
Good luck again to all you guys! (Especially you NatScis <3)
Original post by physicsmaths
Thanks guys!
Now i have 1,1.
If i get rejected on track is it worth it ringing up asking to be out in the pool?

it's likely you've been accepted by Homerton, or if not somewhere else has already fished you out. Wait for Track to update.
Original post by Zacken

Congrats! Now you can apologise for doing everyone's head in after you were convinced you got 2's :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending