The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So if I want to take up a course in clearing but am holding an unconditional firm offer can I immediately reject my firm choice and move straight into clearing to accept another course?
could you help me clear up my floor?
Hi I'm a little confused
There's a course in clearing that's on the universities website however it's not on telegraph clearing? How does that work
So I completed a year a Y university however I failed two modules and currently retaking them. I was doubts about one module so I am really afraid that if my Y university will kick me out in September I would have nowhere to go. I am an international student by the way so taking a year out is not an option.

I entered the 2016 UCAS cycle in January, so now I have Bristol giving me an offer. But you see - if I will pass my exam I would prefer to stay in my current uni, because its too costly to begin from year one somewhere else. But if will be kicked out by my current university ... ( you se I will know about it in early September at its best.)

Am I able to take up Bristol university's offer and be enrolled at Y university for now until September?It would be a back up choice if I failed at my current Y university. Help me please !
Original post by AspiringBanker
So if I want to take up a course in clearing but am holding an unconditional firm offer can I immediately reject my firm choice and move straight into clearing to accept another course?

You'd have to be released by your firm into clearing first before you could accept another course :smile:
Can I contact unis in the morning without my clearing number? Forgot to write it down before Track suspended :frown:
Reply 186
Original post by Jennymck86
Can I contact unis in the morning without my clearing number? Forgot to write it down before Track suspended :frown:

Me too, though not sure if they'll be able to see it from their system if you give them your personal ID number.
Stop asking general questions about clearing people, it varies university to university :smile:
Original post by mulberry1
Stop asking general questions about clearing people, it varies university to university :smile:

Some questions won't vary though such as meeting your firm but wanting to go into clearing :smile:
How did u get your job?

I'd love to work for clearing next year*
How long does it take to be released from the firm before i could go through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carmenleeoxo
If the University wasn't willing to give me an offer because i still have my firm offer, and then i would have to get my clearing code, how long would that take? Because i'm worried that while i wait for my clearing code, the vacancies would be taken by other applicants.I'm really panicking! :frown:
You would have to ask your firm to release you from your offer. This can take from a few minutes to a few days - you won't be a priority. There is a danger that places will go while you are waiting (especially if you can't get it done today), but a) some unis will talk to you without a Clearing number b) most universities are competing for candidates in Clearing nowadays - there are far more places available than there were a few years ago
Original post by kkboyk
How long does it take for your firm/insurance to release you to enter clearing?

It can range from a few minutes to a few days - you won't be a priority for overstretched admissions staff.
Original post by kkboyk
After calling to be released, can we still call other unis for clearing despite not being released yet?

You can try - some will speak to you, others won't.

Original post by AspiringBanker

As above

Original post by Lander_q
Hi I'm a little confused
There's a course in clearing that's on the universities website however it's not on telegraph clearing? How does that work

Sometimes data discrepancies can creep in. Call the university if you want to do that course.

Original post by Jennymck86

Track will unfreeze later this morning, at about 8am

Original post by *Thedreaming*
How did u get your job?

I'd love to work for clearing next year*

I work full time at a university, but some of them will use student ambassadors to answer the phone lines

Original post by Kazuhira
How long does it take to be released from the firm before i could go through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can range from a few minutes to a few days - you won't be a priority for overstretched admissions staff. However, some universities will still speak to you without a Clearing number.
I got 2 D's so far, I know I wouldn't have got into both my firm or insurance. Once again I don't understand how after putting in hours and thinking I've done well but I'm numb to the feeling now..
Reply 193
Hi, if I don't get into my firm choice but get into my insurance but I have a second thought about going to my insurance can I ring up universities for clearing and get a verbal offer and if a uni I like makes one that I want to except can I get out of my insurance choice to go to this verbal offer? But basically I always want to have a offer on the table so I'm not left without a uni by the end of the day so that's why I'm asking about keeping my insurance choice until I get a verbal offer. I just want to keep my insurance Offer until I get a clearing place at a uni.
(edited 7 years ago)
How do ppl apply for multiple places in clearing? Confused
Original post by Karambir Singh
I got 2 D's so far, I know I wouldn't have got into both my firm or insurance. Once again I don't understand how after putting in hours and thinking I've done well but I'm numb to the feeling now..

How do you feel about looking at foundation years, it could be that a levels just dont suit you. You could pay for a priority remark and get your papers back?
Original post by Dom609
Hi, if I don't get into my firm choice but get into my insurance but I have a second thought about going to my insurance can I ring up universities for clearing and get a verbal offer and if a uni I like makes one that I want to except can I get out of my insurance choice to go to this verbal offer? But basically I always want to have a offer on the table so I'm not left without a uni by the end of the day so that's why I'm asking about keeping my insurance choice until I get a verbal offer. I just want to keep my insurance Offer until I get a clearing place at a uni.

You could try but most universities wont speak to you without a clearing number, the system isnt made to be played like that sorry. Especially as being put into clearing could take hours and offers will have deadlines on them.

Original post by scrawlx101
How do ppl apply for multiple places in clearing? Confused

You just call up and get multiple offers then add the one you want to accept in track after 3pm.
Reply 197
Hey guys,

plz help me!

I've met my target for Birmingham university, infact I've exceeded it and they rejected me?! How does that work?!
Reply 198
Original post by jgjog3
Hey guys,

plz help me!

I've met my target for Birmingham university, infact I've exceeded it and they rejected me?! How does that work?!

Phone them up.
hey guys i got offered a change of course( probably because i didn't meet the grade requirements) can i call them up and plead my case?? i really don't want to do the alternative course and want to be entered into clearing

Latest

Trending

Trending