The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how to check raw marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by koolcucumber
I got a complete shock of BCC... Need AAB and my grades last year were ABB.. so confused at how bad i have done, how do you find out your combined AS and A2 grade?

Have you got a breakdown of your results by mark in front of you? Maybe you have to go into school to see that? Sorry to hear.
Original post by koolcucumber
I got a complete shock of BCC... Need AAB and my grades last year were ABB.. so confused at how bad i have done, how do you find out your combined AS and A2 grade?

How did you find out these results? :smile:

Original post by FluorescentM

No we don't have to go, people who did well go as they hold a celebration there. We just check ours online, but atm only
subject grades are showing which is annoying

It might be worth contacting the school to get a meeting with a teacher or an exams officer to discuss the results? :console:
So I made the mistake of checking my insurance Kent to check if I was in there, It says I am "Holding an offer elsewhere" but I don't actually know if that means I am into my firm or into clearing :frown:
What are these grades for? (I'm in year 10 and don't really know much haha)
I'm guessing it's English, Science and Maths?

Recently, I was told that grades are gonna be measured in numbers instead of letters, can anyone confirm that?
am i even awake right now? am i dreaming? ive envisioned this situation a hundred different ways for the whole night ffs

how are people getting their results already?
Original post by zebrara

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade boundaries sometimes offer conversions, some exam boards have online tools.
Original post by zebrara

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use ums converters for OCR and AQA.
Omgggggggg!!!! Surrey just texted me saying my place has been confirmed and to check track!! Im so excited to go school now!!!
Original post by zebrara

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no way to check raw marks directly. You need to look at your UMS, then look at the grade boundaries to see how you compare. So you will have to guestimate if you're between grade boundaries :yep:
Original post by Aph
Congratulations!!!

OCR grade statistics are now published and make for interesting reading.

What points of interest have you picked out?
Original post by Nirgilis
How did you find out these results? :smile:

It might be worth contacting the school to get a meeting with a teacher or an exams officer to discuss the results? :console:

Don't think I could face the embarrassment! I was predicted A*AA :frown:
Original post by ItsJosh

Recently, I was told that grades are gonna be measured in numbers instead of letters, can anyone confirm that?

These are A Levels, not GCSE, so can be any subject.

Afaik, A Level grades will remain as letter grades, not numbers*
Original post by Penguinfarts
So I made the mistake of checking my insurance Kent to check if I was in there, It says I am "Holding an offer elsewhere" but I don't actually know if that means I am into my firm or into clearing :frown:

This sounds very promising!
Original post by ItsJosh

The grades work differently for GCSE and A-levels :yep: . You're about 3 years too far into the future with this thread :tongue:

Original post by postexamtalk
Omgggggggg!!!! Surrey just texted me saying my place has been confirmed and to check track!! Im so excited to go school now!!!

Congratulations! :awesome: . What do you want to study? :smile:
If my friends insurance texted him saying he's in, does that mean he's missed his firm offer?
Should I be worried if I dont hear from my firm uni before track opens??
Original post by FluorescentM
Don't think I could face the embarrassment! I was predicted A*AA :frown:

If you've missed your grades that significantly, you will need to go in to school and speak to someone. It might be worth getting exam scripts back to have a look at where you might have fallen down slightly, or request a remark. At least call them up for me? :smile:
I wish everyone the best of luck many if you deserve the wonderful grades and I'm almost certain you will get them! In a couple of hours latest you will all be partying over your grades promise!
😂🙌🏾🎉
Reply 7839
Original post by jonnydowe
What points of interest have you picked out?

Over 50% of MEI F.maths students got at least an A for one.

Quick Reply

Latest