The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soLit
I am most scared about disappointing teachers who believed in me :/ is that weird?

try not to worry to much about them, its more about how you feel. Sometimes teachers put a little bit to much pressure on and it may just make you feel worse regardless of the results.
Best of luck
Original post by PQ
The embargo lifted at 6am

Thank you for letting me know, I had no idea about that.
Original post by Natalierm2707
No not at all, the are breaking the embargo set upon them by UCAS if they contact you earlier so most will not contact you directly till after 8am when UCAS has updated.

Original post by Nirgilis

No.

Original post by PQ
No. Not all universities will email/text early. And even if they do they could be sending thousands of emails - so not all will send instantly- or they could have been eaten by your spam filter.

Oh that's such a relief, thank you all!!
Original post by nataliewylie
congratulations!! can i ask who your firm was? x

Thank you!! It's Lancaster :smile:

Well done! :jumphug:Do you have any plans for the rest of the day now? :smile:
Thanks! I'm actually not sure yet though. Gonna hang with my girls for a bit, but nothing specific because we're saving to go out for my friend's birthday at the weekend! Plus to be honest, I wasn't really sure today was going to be a celebratory kind of day :s-smilie:
Original post by FluorescentM
Thanks :smile: but I know I failed on the AQA maths papers so I guess it was to be expected, I'll just wait until Clearing starts. On the Clearing vacancies if the entry requirement is lower, i.e ABB or something do I bother calling up? Thanks for your support btw

It is always worth calling up a University if their interesting to you :yep: . Since there are no limits on places, if a University feels they can place more students with lower grades, then they will! However, you might need to wait a little whilst students who have met ABB are placed, so don't be disappointed if you are asked to call back tomorrow morning.

Have you had any contact from your firm or insurance uni yet?
A few of my friends who found out results online are disappointed :frown:
Wtf. W..taf. I'm so so done.

Original post by GlenChloco
Oh that's such a relief, thank you all!!

Good luck, and sorry you have to wait a little longer!

Original post by wickedisgood
Thank you!! It's Lancaster :smile:

Thanks! I'm actually not sure yet though. Gonna hang with my girls for a bit, but nothing specific because we're saving to go out for my friend's birthday at the weekend! Plus to be honest, I wasn't really sure today was going to be a celebratory kind of day :s-smilie:

Well, you need to do something... I'm telling you to go out and celebrate and AMAZING achievement! :biggrin: . Are you anywhere near an ice cream shop? :colone:
Original post by ryanroks1

:console: . Have you found anything out?

Original post by Anon_98

Everything okay? :smile:
It is always worth calling up a University if their interesting to you :yep: . Since there are no limits on places, if a University feels they can place more students with lower grades, then they will! However, you might need to wait a little whilst students who have met ABB are placed, so don't be disappointed if you are asked to call back tomorrow morning.

Have you had any contact from your firm or insurance uni yet?

Ah okay, thanks. No I haven't, if they text will they also email? As I have a new number and haven't updated it
Original post by ryanroks1

Sorry to hear that x
Original post by Anon_98

That isnt the lesson to be learnt, stay positive, I m sure there's still options available to you. Have you heard from your firm or insurance? If not, dont make any assumptions until you get into track.
2 UMS off an A* in chem, is it worth the remark...?
Reading this is giving me anxiety I'm overthinking and wondering should I have had an email yet if I've gotten in?! I'm an external candidate so I just have to wait until track and then my results are being emailed to me by the college I sat my exams with at around 9.30am
Original post by FluorescentM
Ah okay, thanks. No I haven't, if they text will they also email? As I have a new number and haven't updated it

The text and email service is essentially a courtesy, so if they can't get in touch with you, it won't actually affect anything. Track is the be-all-and-end-all of University decisions :yep:

Well, you need to do something... I'm telling you to go out and celebrate and AMAZING achievement! :biggrin: . Are you anywhere near an ice cream shop? :colone:

I am! Sounds like a great idea actually!! :biggrin:
Original post by |Jacob| ye^
2 UMS off an A* in chem, is it worth the remark...?

Have you met your offer? If so, then no. If you've missed your offer, then go for it :yep:

Original post by moonandstars
Reading this is giving me anxiety I'm overthinking and wondering should I have had an email yet if I've gotten in?! I'm an external candidate so I just have to wait until track and then my results are being emailed to me by the college I sat my exams with at around 9.30am

No, definitely not :nah: . Most people won't get emails, so you're not missing out by not getting emailed :smile:
Today feels like some sort of judgement day. A day when I'm being judged based on my exam results rather than ability (I feel like my exams fail to test this often with maths). I'm not a fan of exams typically and my FM exams were pretty awful (to get a B/C/D) but that doesn't mean I'd be horrible on the course if I get A* in normal maths... Do unis usually understand this or would I need to contact the firm in the case of rejection? :/
A* - chemistry
A - geography
B - biology

I worked so hard in biology and I got a B :frown: I need AAA for my course, this is gonna be a long wait
Say I take 2 exams for 1 subject (units), could I still get an A if I got a B in one and an A in the other ? PLS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest