The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by |Jacob| ye^
I have met my offer but I was thinking of scholarships for multiple A*s on my course?

Then go for it. How far over the overall A-grade boundary are you?
Original post by ancienthistory
Absolutely devestated. I only received AAB (I have an A*AA offer at LSE) and I feel once again indignant regarding the subject I was aspiring to receive an A* in - English Literature. Last year AQA mismarked my AS Literature paper, giving it a D, while my teachers argue it was A standard :frown: It was too late to appeal and, upon resitting, I gained myself another D with a C in A2 I know I put the work in

So you got a D at AS and a C at A2 ?
B overall??

I got a strong A at AS and I feel I got like a D at A2 , what you think I'd get overall ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somevirtualguy
WHAT?! I'm in complete shock

Mathematics - A*
Further Mathematics - A*
Physics - A*

What?!

Congrats - phenomenal results!
has anyone heard anything from UEA?
Original post by FluorescentM
I just got an email saying although I missed my offer for psychology with neuroscience, they are offering me a place for psychology and criminology. idk what to do :/

Maybe have a look at the course content and modules on the uni's website and then decide :smile:
Original post by lai812matthew
me not good enough to be elite

Have you got A2 or AS results?
Original post by FluorescentM
I just got an email saying although I missed my offer for psychology with neuroscience, they are offering me a place for psychology and criminology. idk what to do :/

You have 7 days to decide.

Get your results, ring up to talk to someone about the new course if you want.

If you reject a change course offer from your firm your application passes on to your insurance.
Original post by ancienthistory
n/a

Try a remark??
Original post by Nirgilis
Have UCL been in touch with you? :smile:

No , but i met my insurance for Durham
But i want Ucl more
Hello all, have any of you not received an email with your results yet or is it just me? Thinking this might be because I'm currently on the other side of the world with *****y wifi. Secondly, when is the deadline for replying to your firm/insurance/clearing offers? Is it first come first served?
So worried I'll have to make that 'pleading' phone call to my firm if I narrowly miss the grades - really far too nervous to answer interview questions right now :frown:
Original post by somevirtualguy
WHAT?! I'm in complete shock

Mathematics - A*
Further Mathematics - A*
Physics - A*

What?!

congrats man!
Original post by ryanroks1
So worried I'll have to make that 'pleading' phone call to my firm if I narrowly miss the grades - really far too nervous to answer interview questions right now :frown:

The clearing advisors know your nervous and will understand that during the phone call, dont worry to much about that. Im sure you will be able to compose yourself enough to answer if you need to, but lets hope it doesnt come to that.
Guys,

If I've done a paper year before and got higher than this time around retaking
for example, B last year and this year C for maths

they would take the higher one right?
Original post by lolkenneth12
No , but i met my insurance for Durham
But i want Ucl more

You might just have to wait I'm afraid :sadnod:

Original post by TheFarmerLad
Hello all, have any of you not received an email with your results yet or is it just me? Thinking this might be because I'm currently on the other side of the world with *****y wifi. Secondly, when is the deadline for replying to your firm/insurance/clearing offers? Is it first come first served?

Is it your school policy to email your results out? They might not be at work yet, so you might have to wait a little while longer.

Original post by ryanroks1

:console: . Want to talk about anything? :smile:
Original post by PQ
Just junk mail. Trying to poach you.

Morning :smile:

If my insurance accepts me and I want releasing do I phone the Clearing hotline and do I need my grades? I don't see why I'd need my grades but thought I'd ask anyway!
OMG. MY FIRM JUST EMAILED ME !! I GOT IN!!! honestly this is the best day of my life
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you got A2 or AS results?

a2 lol. i abandon physics in an attempt to reach chem a*.
Knew I'd do poorly. Oh dear.
Original post by Joejj2183
Guys,

If I've done a paper year before and got higher than this time around retaking
for example, B last year and this year C for maths

they would take the higher one right?

The paper you have taken most recently is the one that will be counted, usually.

Quick Reply

Latest