The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vesniep
I think the marking process is way more accurate compared to a-levels so I guess it won't change much.
However if you're 1-2 points away from a grade boundary they might do you a favour.
I want that S in step II ( I lost it for 1 mark) so I have the same quarry

it's unlikely to make much of a difference. I don't know anyone who has got a remark, but given that Cambridge colleges get your scripts, they can judge the quality and raise an issue if something doesn't seem right.
I didnt meet my A level offer but I met my STEP offer. It's not like I didnt make my a level offer just slightly.

They asked for A*Further maths A* Physics but I only got A in physics and it wasn't a strong A either, it was like the midway point being an A and an A*.

I did get S (117), 1 (74), S (101) in step though and my offer was an S, 1 so how at risk am I of being rejected? Cause my parents are freaking out but I keep telling them with the step results there is no way that cambridge would reject me since I also missed my offer for my insurace Imperial college (B in economics lol) but then again I did miss my a level offer
Congrats Mathemagician and EricPiphany :h:.
Original post by imsoanonymous123
I didnt meet my A level offer but I met my STEP offer. It's not like I didnt make my a level offer just slightly.

They asked for A*Further maths A* Physics but I only got A in physics and it wasn't a strong A either, it was like the midway point being an A and an A*.

I did get S (117), 1 (74), S (101) in step though and my offer was an S, 1 so how at risk am I of being rejected? Cause my parents are freaking out but I keep telling them with the step results there is no way that cambridge would reject me since I also missed my offer for my insurace Imperial college (B in economics lol) but then again I did miss my a level offer

It's hard for anyone to give a conclusive reply but your University will have some leeway. Track will update at 8:00 (sometimes 7:30) so I would suggest calming yourself and trying not to overthinking. Best of luck
Original post by Mathemagicien
how is u kno ur alevel results ?

International student.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
It's hard for anyone to give a conclusive reply but your University will have some leeway. Track will update at 8:00 (sometimes 7:30) so I would suggest calming yourself and trying not to overthinking. Best of luckInternational student.

So in 1 hour I get to know the result of my application?
So in 1 hour I get to know the result of my application?

Indeed. That's when track opens (for results but not full track).

it's unlikely you'll be rejected by Cambridge. Wait for Track to update to confirm. Are you guessing your A-Level results or have you got them early?
Reply 3087
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for a grade 1 in STEP III ?
Original post by shamika
it's unlikely you'll be rejected by Cambridge. Wait for Track to update to confirm. Are you guessing your A-Level results or have you got them early?

The results were on my school website
Original post by box036
does anyone know the grade boundaries for a grade 1 in step iii ?

s- 88, 1- 64, 2-55
Reply 3090
No Way! 2 marks off a 1! lol
Original post by EnglishMuon
s- 88, 1- 64, 2-55
The results were on my school website

Ok. The only thing you can do now if wait for Track to update. I'd be shocked if Cambridge didn't take you in instantly (ie by your first college). If it gets to the point that Imperial are deciding, give them a call to point out your STEP results, as they don't get them automatically. I wouldn't worry though - S1S is exceptional so it'd be crazy not to accept on A-level grades
Original post by box036
No Way! 2 marks off a 1! lol

aha well done! What did you need for your offers?
Reply 3093
Needed grade 1 in STEP II and III, got grade 1 for STEP II and I, and yeah just missed a 1 in STEP III. Hopefully the difference between Cambridge and Bath is not by 2 marks, provided my A-level are within offer. :biggrin:
Original post by EnglishMuon
aha well done! What did you need for your offers?
Where can I find the grade thresholds? Can't seem to find them on the official website :O
Original post by shamika
Ok. The only thing you can do now if wait for Track to update. I'd be shocked if Cambridge didn't take you in instantly (ie by your first college). If it gets to the point that Imperial are deciding, give them a call to point out your STEP results, as they don't get them automatically. I wouldn't worry though - S1S is exceptional so it'd be crazy not to accept on A-level grades

Alright, I guess I'll have to wait another painstaking 30 minutes then

Do you know how to view the explanation of results? I'm having issues opening the link and i dont seem to be the only one

edit: Ucas track udpated, my offer for imperial college is unconditional but Cambridge has no changes
(edited 7 years ago)
They are with your results; on the right, underneath the option to download a pdf of your results, you can also download the "explanatin of results", i.e. the distribution of marks

Ahh okay, didn't see that there :smile: thank you!
Does that mean s/he was pooled?

It means cambridge hasn't informed Ucas track of their decision

It might be possible that I have been pooled which is why it has not updated
Alright, I guess I'll have to wait another painstaking 30 minutes then

Do you know how to view the explanation of results? I'm having issues opening the link and i dont seem to be the only one

edit: Ucas track udpated, my offer for imperial college is unconditional but Cambridge has no changes

@shamika summoned me so I haven't read everything... :smile: But that means you are still under consideration. Send your UMS details to your college when you get them and fingers crossed. You may still be accepted by your college, or summer pooled, or, of course, be unsuccessful...

Good luck!
It means cambridge hasn't informed Ucas track of their decision

It might be possible that I have been pooled which is why it has not updated

Call your college to find out what's going on.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending