The Student Room Group

ABCD

Just got ABCD in my AS results and not quite sure what to make of them. Are they crap or ok? tell me honestly
Original post by Gnatt27
Just got ABCD in my AS results and not quite sure what to make of them. Are they crap or ok? tell me honestly

They will be fine. Learn from your mistakes in the lower ones, and build on the successes of the higher ones.
That's entirely up to you, but personally I don't think they're bad :nah: . Do you want to study at university? Because if so, there are universities that you can get into with A levels built on those AS results. Sorry that you're not feeling that great about them, but perhaps this could be an opportunity to learn from the experience to improve for next year. Do you think you started revising early enough, and were you doing the right sort of revision? Perhaps try out some new techniques next time :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
They will be fine. Learn from your mistakes in the lower ones, and build on the successes of the higher ones.

Yeah that seems good advice. I'm gonna drop the D(French) and hopefully get like A*AB predicted as very high A in Film studies and the BC were in History and English Lit so don't actually count towards A2
Original post by Gnatt27
Yeah that seems good advice. I'm gonna drop the D(French) and hopefully get like A*AB predicted as very high A in Film studies and the BC were in History and English Lit so don't actually count towards A2

Don't worry about things that won't cause trouble is a good motto in life.:wink:
Original post by Gnatt27

How did you get your results so early?
Reply 6
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That's entirely up to you, but personally I don't think they're bad :nah: . Do you want to study at university? Because if so, there are universities that you can get into with A levels built on those AS results. Sorry that you're not feeling that great about them, but perhaps this could be an opportunity to learn from the experience to improve for next year. Do you think you started revising early enough, and were you doing the right sort of revision? Perhaps try out some new techniques next time :smile:

Cheers for the reply. I reckon on didn't revise well enough for English Lit (C) as I didn't enjoy it as well as not being good at it. With the French [D] I tried hard and even went to France on my own to improve speaking which kind of worked as I was a mark of a B in the oral but unfortunetely I screwed up the main exam.
Reply 7
Original post by Defraction
How did you get your results so early?

College emailed them to me at 6:00
Original post by Gnatt27

Drop the D :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by cherryred90s
Drop the D :wink:

Will do

Quick Reply

Latest