The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I know I got in (yay!!!!!!). Can I get my grades on ucas or do I need to go to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis

So your firm has got an Unconditional Firm?

That means your in. What your insurance says doesn't matter :tongue:

no I actually applied to Oxford for a foundation year programme which was launched this year
I got the offer from oxford but it wasnt through UCAS
Oxford told me to ring them with my grades and the grades they asked me for are pretty similar to what my firm wanted.. all my offers were conditional both on and Off UCAS
I dont even want to go to my firm, I was meant to take a gap year but the foundation year opportunity came

this is why i really need good grades so I can take up my Oxford offer

So that being said, does your insurance AUTOMATICALLY reject you if you got into your firm choice university?? or does this mean i got bad grades? :frown:
Original post by PQ
It's really not a good idea to wait until lunch for applicants who have missed their offers. The wait til lunch thing is for people who have met their offers but not got an update.

:yy:

I would +1 you, but I've apparently done that too many times recently :rolleyes: . Thanks for the info :h:
Original post by MoonVirgo
I got into oxford ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats dude! Pretty surreal isn't it
Original post by BB8
Wait up, the adjustment option ("find out about and register for adjustment":wink: only appears if you meet and exceed your offer? So... UCL aren't just being nice, I actually got an A in history + I was probably right about my maths A* omg

Yup, met and exceeded all conditions of your firm!

You'll need to call up any universities you're thinking of swapping to, and find out whether they have places available via UCAS Adjustment. If you're offered a place, have a think about it and then get back to them to confirm you'd like to take it. They will update your UCAS Track screen, which will show that you're now swapped onto the new course. If you want time to think about an Adjustment offer, it's important to make sure the uni offering you that place understands this, because once the uni has put the offer on your Track, your original firm will be automatically cancelled, and you won't be able to change your mind.

While you are looking for a place in Adjustment, you keep your existing uni place. If you try Adjustment but don't find anything, you keep the place you already have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Right guys, my all nighter is almost over, I'm gonna head off for a bit to shower, change and get to school ready for nine, after which i'll be visiting family which will either console me or be just as shocked as me. For everyone still waiting for AS or A2 results, best of luck and for those waiting for confirmation of uni places good luck too. :smile:
Oh balls it's today

Good luck to everyone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone please help me, I am seriously worrying. I met the conditions for my university, even exceeded them (offer AAA, got A*AAAB), yet got into my insurance? Could this be because I didn't send them my IELTS results yet?
Original post by BB8
Wait up, the adjustment option ("find out about and register for adjustment":wink: only appears if you meet and exceed your offer? So... UCL aren't just being nice, I actually got an A in history + I was probably right about my maths A* omg

Yes i believe so.

Original post by melanin101
sorry guys for these constant questions.

if track hasn't updated and my results go badly, i call the uni right?

Yes give them a call as soon as you've got your results.
I have the button that says register for adjustment does this mean I exceeded my firm offer or is there for everyone?
Got into UCL Stats, Econ and Finance.

Quick question, UCAS is letting me register for adjustment, does that mean I've exceeded my offer? I don't get my results for another hour.
hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I know I got in (yay!!!!!!). Can I get my grades on ucas or do I need to go to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youll need to go to school
Original post by victoria98
Holy crap i got into imperial. I actually got in oh my god!!!!!!!!??????????????? It feels like a joke!!!!

Congrats! I pick up my AS grades in 2 hours... haha i want to go imperial next year
Got into medicine!!!!!AAAH
Original post by pecora
Someone please help me, I am seriously worrying. I met the conditions for my university, even exceeded them (offer AAA, got A*AAAB), yet got into my insurance? Could this be because I didn't send them my IELTS results yet?

Yes that could be quite likely if it was one of your conditions, get onto the phone to them.
I'm so so happy right now, just got into medicine at Liverpool second time round!!
Very confused at the moment.

My firm hasnt updated (still says conditional firmly accepted) but my insurance apparently updated on the 14th to an unconditional
Original post by bdotjelly
no I actually applied to Oxford for a foundation year programme which was launched this year
I got the offer from oxford but it wasnt through UCAS
Oxford told me to ring them with my grades and the grades they asked me for are pretty similar to what my firm wanted.. all my offers were conditional both on and Off UCAS
I dont even want to go to my firm, I was meant to take a gap year but the foundation year opportunity came

this is why i really need good grades so I can take up my Oxford offer

So that being said, does your insurance AUTOMATICALLY reject you if you got into your firm choice university?? or does this mean i got bad grades? :frown:

Oh. So you don't want to go to either your firm or your insurance because you have your offer from Oxford off UCAS? When are you going to get your results?
Original post by lai812matthew
hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.

They will have got your results over last weekend.

Quick Reply

Latest